[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is /lit/ reading at the moment? Pic related. I'm about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: BigT344.png (2MB, 1535x1057px) Image search: [Google]
BigT344.png
2MB, 1535x1057px
What is /lit/ reading at the moment?

Pic related. I'm about halfway through but it's pretty tough reading.
>>
I'm always shocked by Carle's existentialist, dare I say sometimes even nihilist positions he presents in this book. In fact, the constant negativity is so draining I can't bring myself to read the book as often as I used to.
>>
>>9463067
What? Carle presents us with a powerful image of transformation, which in my opinion is one of the most authentic and genuine affirmations of the soul in literature. We are all hungry caterpillars, but the central message is that we can all become beautiful butterflies, a metaphor for the primordial quest to achieve true enlightenment
>>
File: 71DdmXAXVvL.jpg (194KB, 1023x1200px) Image search: [Google]
71DdmXAXVvL.jpg
194KB, 1023x1200px
>>9463051
Get that weak shit out of here.
>>
>>9463074

I argue that Carle presents a Freudian perspective only, the caterpillar representing our self's drive for pleasure, and ultimately self-effacing preservation in form of cocoon (be it social or otherwise) and the butterfly being the representation of our very vanity and desire to leave a piece of (still mundane and flawed) beauty on this world. It is far from a gleaming remark to humanity, but a dark mirror at best.
>>
>>9463074
>he's a transformationist
laughingcaterpillars.jpg
>>
Esoteric desu
>>
File: Captainunderpantscover.jpg (67KB, 343x500px) Image search: [Google]
Captainunderpantscover.jpg
67KB, 343x500px
A Nietzschan exploration of man's inner potential. Mr Krupp's ability to become the Übermensch is symbolised by his transformation into the hero Captain Underpants, eschewing cultural norms of shame he removes his clothing and toupee to reveal the real primeval man underneath. Inner turmoil expressed as tyrannical oppression of his students is replaced with a pure sense of heroic duty. The Jekyll and Hyde transformation between Krupp and the Captain is no coincidence. Whereas Hyde represented the dark side of man's primitive nature, here Pilkey is saying that the release of the primal inner self is key to the ultimate fulfilment of the hero archetype.
>>
>>9463074
True, I think. The caterpillar represents the indulgence of the body in search for the soul.
>>
>>9463074
A transformation that is achieved through mindless consumerism and one from which there is no escape. Who are we to say that the hungry caterpillar actually wanted to become a butterfly? To accept to absurdity of an inevitable transformation is, in my opinion, truly Sisyphean in the way Camus used the word.
>>
>>9463207
>shit posted

thanks anon
>>
File: carle.jpg (542KB, 2203x1814px) Image search: [Google]
carle.jpg
542KB, 2203x1814px
Made a reading guide to his work for newfags
>>
>>9463249
Saved. This should become a meme.
>>
>>9463249
Lol, nice, if it's OC double nice.
Magnum opus is spelled wrong btw.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.