[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've got a final tomorrow in World Lit to 1660. Not sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Literature book.jpg (18KB, 225x346px) Image search: [Google]
Literature book.jpg
18KB, 225x346px
I've got a final tomorrow in World Lit to 1660. Not sure if this is allowed here but can y'all help a guy out? Here are two essay questions that I picked to write: #1. The works we have recently studied are often described as "early modern" literature. What do you think this means? Which works seem particularly modern to you and why? #2. Answer the question- Why study literature (or why not)? Here are the works I was supposed to read: The Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer; Sonnet 3,189,333 by Francis Petrarch; Book of the City of Ladies by Christine De Pizan; The Praise of Folly by Desiderius Erasmus; Letter to Francesco Vettori and The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli; The book of the Courtier by Baldesar Castiglione; Heptameron by Marguerite of Navarre; Gargantua and Pantagruel by Francois Rabelais; Essays of Cannibals and on Inconsistency of Actions by Michel De Montaigne; Don Quixote by Miguel De Cervantes; Hamlet by William Shakespeare; and Paradise Lost by John Milton. If you can help me write these or give me ideas on how to write these I will be greatly appreciative. Thanks
>>
>>9462209
We study literature because it lets us understand how other people think and feel, especially the people of the past, and exposes us to ideas we otherwise would have no knowledge of. You should be able to spin something from that tailored to whichever authors you want to focus on.
>>
>>9462216
Alright alright, I dig that. Thanks. Keep the replies coming guys, really need to pass this final haha
>>
File: Untitled.png (36KB, 516x192px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
36KB, 516x192px
>>9462209
Gotchu senpai. Putting it in as a spoiler image so no teachers can reverse search it.
>>
>>9462233
What a G. Good looking out
>>
At least tell us your ideas first, you lazy fuck.

What do you think makes a work of literature "modern"? What do you understand by "modern"?
>>
>>9462243
Alright you fuck here it goes, all i know from a google search is that works made from 1500 to 1599 are considered early modern. I guess what makes them that way is the modern language that they're written in? But that's all i got
>>
>>9462253
Didn't you attend class? Didn't you do the readings?

Think! Give me a proper answer. It's more than just the language they were written in.

What do you think links writers like Cervantes, Montaigne, and Shakespeare?

What does Satan from Paradise Lost has in common with Hamlet and Don Quijote?
>>
get a job
>>
>>9462261
Dam son
>>
>>9462260
Hey man I went to the class. Hell no i didn't do the readings, i'm a fucking business major. I have to take this class because the bullshit ass university is making me take it. Can you just help me out? I don't know what links Cervantes, Montaigne, and Shakespeare nor do I know what Satan has in common with Hamlet and Don Quixote.
>>
>>9462275
>I went to the class

Then you should at least try to guess the answer with what you saw in class.

>Hell no i didn't do the readings, i'm a fucking business major

Too bad, I can't help you with that. It's not my problem that you didn't do your homework. Seems you are not even interested in literature. Perhaps some other anon will help you out.
>>
>>9462275
Enjoy your ban.
>>
>>9462260
>What does Satan from Paradise Lost has in common with Hamlet and Don Quijote?
so weird, I read all these back to back to back in an English class my sophomore year

p-professor murphy?
>>
>>9462282
It appears I insulted your love of literature, i'm sorry. I do respect literature I just don't like being forced to read something that i'm not highly interested in. Can you please assist me?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.