[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What sort of books should a guy who wants to value life for the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

File: 1492327725068.png (125KB, 1255x1004px) Image search: [Google]
1492327725068.png
125KB, 1255x1004px
What sort of books should a guy who wants to value life for the first time since he was a child read?
>>
File: Keep the Fire.jpg (6KB, 236x314px) Image search: [Google]
Keep the Fire.jpg
6KB, 236x314px
>>9462124
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
>>
start with the greeks
>>
File: best will.jpg (48KB, 500x550px) Image search: [Google]
best will.jpg
48KB, 500x550px
>>9462124
Songs of Innocence. In general Blake is one of the most life-affirming poets out there.

>I have no name
>I am but two days old.—
>What shall I call thee?
>I happy am
>Joy is my name,—
>Sweet joy befall thee!
>>
>>9462127
All I can speak for is the movie but man it was depressing as heck. I hope you're joking. If that is supposed to be inspiring I think I;m screwed.
>>
>>9462124
The ego and its own. For valuing your own life.
>>
>>9462140
The book is both horribly depressing and transcendentally inspiring in the same breath.
Only when things are the darkest, do you really know the value of the light.
>>
Old Man and the Sea
>>
File: atlas shrugged.jpg (165KB, 640x1097px) Image search: [Google]
atlas shrugged.jpg
165KB, 640x1097px
>>9462176
I honestly haven't read Stirner, but I'm familiar with Ayn Rand's view of Egoism.

I think it's important and good, but self-esteem and self-love is only the first step in my opinion, and Rand doesn't ever really expand her philosophy beyond the self-love, because she rightfully acknowledges that it is so important.

After you accept the virtue of selfishness, that's when things get complicated, and I often lose my footing.
>>
>>9462176
>value your own life
>while being a nihilist

That's what got me into this mess in the first place.
>>
>>9462202
Rand is like a shitty version of Stirner. you should read him but you don't even have to be selfish if your will is to be generous and kind or whatever because you are doing what you want. In other words you can justify anything you want to do purely due to the fact that you want to do it.
>>
>>9462193
Well it just made me think how unfortunate all those people were to exist in the first place.
>>
Lord Of The Rings trilogy + Silmarillion.
>>
The Old Man and The Sea
>>
>>9462206
You can't be both anon, what you're describing is narcissism.
>>
>>9462636
No I am saying I don't want to bother with Stirner. I want something with goodwill
>>
>>9462215
Just read the book man. I can also vouch for it that it can restore that feeling. You will realize that among even the darkest moments there can be hope.
>>
>>9462655
if you have goodwill stirner has goodwill
>>
>>9463166
If I don't value life then Stirner doesn't either
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.