[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your extremely short, 100 % comprehensive, and always

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 22

File: tumblr_static_tumblr_static_640.jpg (34KB, 607x341px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_static_tumblr_static_640.jpg
34KB, 607x341px
What is your extremely short, 100 % comprehensive, and always correct life philosophy? The one sentence that lets you know what to do in all situations?

Of course it's a stupid question. I feel like "Be yourself" or "Have no philosophy" should be the answer but it's like allowing yourself to be cucked by advertising.

And Notes From the underground was right. As soon as I hear "rules for life" style shit I immediately stop following them.
>>
>>9456992
Yes.
>>
Taken from a song I heard once:

>Do what you want, do what you will, just don't mess up your neighbor's thrill.
>>
>>9456992
The redpill. I am inherently superior to 99% of the world's population, I know the truth and am virtuous and my failings are the result of the works of women, leftsts, jews, blacks, and liberals.
>>
Life is war
>>
>>9456992
kill myself
>>
>>9456992
The Hamiltonian for linear systems has no curl
>>
15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance.
>>
File: arbormist.jpg (334KB, 1161x869px) Image search: [Google]
arbormist.jpg
334KB, 1161x869px
>>9456996
Excellent response. Claps.
>>
>>9456992
Float downriver.
>>
when in doubt, pretend to be an idiot
>>
All you need is love <3
>>
Tetrapharmakos
>>
there is no wrong hole
>>
Christus vincit
>>
>>9456992

Try a few paragraphs instead, I could boil it down further but...

Every single one of these people is also going to die and become nothing, just like me. And so, where it really counts, all are equal in the end, and all are again nothing. It is precisely this which makes life bearable. No, you don't live on through your art or your kids. You live on by not dying. Which you will certainly fail to do, within a few decades on the outside.

Or suppose not-/where it really counts/. Then even in this case, I'm still right.

It is still right to disbelieve and reject God, even and especially in the case where he is actually real and is anything like how he is described in the major religions. And the reason why this is so, is because there is no such thing as hidden knowledge which justifies me, or Dahmer, or Joe down the street going to Hell. The very fact of this possibility invalidates God, in the conventional historical understandings of that creature. It doesn't matter at all to me, nor should it matter to you, if there are other things going on behind the scenes - oh, some more important plane of Beings somewhere have to all be rescued or preserved, say, and for whatever reason, it is necessary for human beings to go to hell for eternity. Imagine anything that you want. No matter which way you turn it, humans still have to go to hell. Which is clearly wrong from the only point of view that matters, which is ours (and if you reject this last, then that is exactly because you have been coming at the thing from the wrong direction).

At least the Jehovah's Witnesses, for all of their stupidity, have at least hit upon the humane concept of Annihilationism. This earns them points with any decent human being who actually thinks these things through.

I totally reject all concept of God, in every way that it is possible to reject such a concept. I'm older than most of you. And the older I get, the more I hate the idea of God. I really mean this, from the bottom of my heart. It sincerely bothers and upsets me that humans are hard-wired for religion, because I know that they are genuinely wrong to have these feelings projected outward in such a way.

*requisite fedora-tips, though, just to pre-empt others* :^)
>>
>>9457047
"Four drugs"? What is this?
>>
When in doubt, shut your eyes and ask yourself "would I be doing if the situation was in my ideal favor, or do I do this to dull my presence of mind?"

If the latter, the answer is always better not to do it.
>>
>>9456992
Well usually I just think, what if a demon appeared in my bedroom in my loneliest loneliness and told me that everything in my life down the very detail (this moonlight, this cobweb, this demon, this 4chan) was fated to repeat eternally, exactly in the same way every time, for all time, without a thing different. Would I be terrified at this? Would I cower? Or would I have tasted something so glorious in my short lifetime that I would happily live through the drudgery of sixty-odd years again and again, just to relive that moment of glory, and would say to the demon, Thou art no demon, but divine.
>>
>>9456992
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>9456992
Know Thyself. This is enough.

Any prescriptive platitude like Crowley's "Do as thou wilt..." or similar codes with qualifications (4 Agreements, etc.) are for simpletons. You are not a robot. There is no cause to behave like one.
>>
>>9457157
>Know Thyself.
NOTHING TO EXCESS REEEE
KNOW THY QUOTE
>>
Remember that you believe in Jesus.

Comes from hearing once that all you really need is to believe in Jesus.

It's a panacea for resisting sin.
>>
>>9457074
Do you reject spirituality then? Have you considered gods who don't send you to hell? It sounds like you reject damnation more than god or a god
>>
Aesthetics and the Moral are predicated on Logic and the Ethical
>>
File: WOJACKfr.gif (14KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
WOJACKfr.gif
14KB, 645x773px
>>9457168
>KNOW THY QUOTE
Think about it mongoloid. "Nothing to Excess" or "Everything in Moderation" qualifies as one of the prescriptives I rejected. good job good effort, frog.
>>
I don't know if I have one.
>>
>>9456992
The worst mistakes I have ever made in my life have consistently and always will be the overestimation of other people's intellects; treat them all like rocks.
>>
>>9457000
>my failings
Ironically where you failed.
>>
Reach equality by cutting off the heads of your superiors.
>>
>>9456992
do unto others as you would have them do to you
>>
>>9456996
Ah, yes is a word with a glorious ring
A true universal, euphonious thing
Engenders embracing and chasing of blues
The very best word for the whole world to use!
>>
>>9456992
be courageous.
>>
>>9457286
"What would I if I were living life authentically outside society and thus uncorrupted by it do?"
>>
>>9456992
WWHD
>What Would Hegel Do
>>
know thy milf
>>
>>9456992
Hate myself, kill myself.
>>
>>9456992
Everyone's having a hard time.

I use that to guide my actions day to day. It has enough flexibility that it still allows me to occasionally do selfish things and learn from them without being crippled by guilt, but also motivates me to act compassionately toward others under most circumstances, and to resist being stubborn or combative.

I'm still crippled by depression and, ironically, a weird guilt complex that has nothing to do with the actual content of my behavior, so. Keep that in mind
>>
>>9457290
Firstly, you wouldn't ask yourself that question.
>>
>>9456992
>This too shall pass.
I tend to get upset over things easily. Also, I believe that, unless a verbal warning to stop has been given and they keep on harassing you, one should not use physical force against another person simply based on what they say. Even a threat isn't enough unless their body language and/or the presence of a weapon on their person is obvious enough.
>>
>>9457303
are you my mom?
>>
>>9456992
This is more applicable to my current problems than my whole life, but it's probably something life "act or react, but don't do nothing. Ever. "
>>
>>9457290
you'd wrestle with the angels all the same.
you'd contend with fate and your lower nature.
>>
Be interesting
>>
>>9456992
Me, Me, Me.
>>
Though your body may decompose, let your spirit live forever in the hearts and minds of other people.
>>
>>9456992
They already have a short, pithy word for your driving life philosophy: your God. Life, then, is simply seeking one's God.
>>
>>9456992
Preserve and cultivate thought. No idea should be forced, feared, nor deemed too sacred for scrutiny.
>>
>>9457284
well done
>>
>>9457290
>>9457311
>>
>>9456992
Be kind.
>>
>>9456999
Yeah let's just all get along man. You wasted your trips.
>>
>>9456996
Would you take it up the ass, all day, every day, for a nickel and a dime?

>>9456992
>Eh, fuck that.
>>
>>9457525
>Would you take it up the ass, all day, every day, for a nickel and a dime?

nigga, ask my cell block. I do that shit for free.
>>
File: shishio.jpg (26KB, 404x364px) Image search: [Google]
shishio.jpg
26KB, 404x364px
DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF AND FACE TO BLOODSHED
>>
'to thine own self be true' sounds so much better than 'be true to yourself' but they mean the exact same thing. Most aphorisms are like that - they sound more meaningful than they are.
>>
>>9457545
actually the latter sounds better than the former
>>
This too shall pass.
>>
>>9456992

Always correct? Love your neighbour and love yourself like a mother would a baby
>>
i'm excited that i actually have one

everything that will happen has always happened
>>
>>9456992
Drake stole my motto. You ony live once. I also use if it feels good do it and what mamma dont know cant hurt her.
>>
Fuck getting out of bed.
>>
>>9457586
Also would like to add that time heals all. And everything will blow over eventually for when I do wrong.
>>
>>9457297
nice one anon
>>
buy low cost index funds
>>
>>9456992
>All models are wrong, but some are useful.
Spoke by some guy named Box or something, can't remember.

It's a vital philosophy in engineering, but I found it perfectly well in life. Taught me to be more tolerant, accepting to criticism and better listener to others POV. Knowing the absolute truth, if it exists, is a long way to go. If you say you're correct, you must be ready to explain in detail the current circumstances, because if not then it is just an opinion.
>>
>>9457074

nice blogpost

you might should consider becoming an hero
>>
I mustn't run away!
>>
>>9457135

This is copypasta now
>>
Do as thou wilt shalt be the whole of the law
>>
File: shinji.gif (497KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
shinji.gif
497KB, 500x282px
>>9457627
>>
>>9456992
Nothing to be done
>>
>>9457631
This? Is copypasta now?
>>
Women aren't people.

Do not look at women.
Do not talk to women.
Do not touch women.
Do not interact with women.

Remember that women bring with them nothing but ruin.
>>
"There's more to life than this"
>>
>>9457638
that doesn't make any sense read your bible
>>
File: stirner.png (12KB, 170x200px) Image search: [Google]
stirner.png
12KB, 170x200px
>What would Stirner do?
>>
File: IGN.png (115KB, 350x350px) Image search: [Google]
IGN.png
115KB, 350x350px
>>9457023
so is this Pynchon's kid or not?
>>
>>9457646
>I allow my wife to fuck other men because she is my property and it pleases me to watch
>>
>>9457565
See >>9457135
>>
>>9457545
>>9457557
Not to mention the former is spoken by an absolute nincompoop who can't even eavesdrop right.
>>
OP is a fag.
>>
Remember to brush your teeth every day.
>>
How do I fight the void today?
>>
Nothing can happen until you swing the bat.
>>
Piss on your room mates toothbrushes every day
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX-YfuVQmX8
>>
>>9456992
be honest with your self. be humble, aaaaand don't forget to have fun.

srlsy.
>>
>>9457000
No, you're a faggot who blames other people. Wasted trips, you should feel ashamed. However, it is all zeroes, which is probably a reflection of you. Own your successes and your failures. Just because Jews operate a decentralized international banking cartel and influence the masses through entertainment and blacks get free stuff doesn't mean you can't make something of yourself. Your mind went above the bullshit, now act like it. Stop making excuses for yourself, and lead by example. Become a redpilled and /fitlit/ individual who dresses sharply
>>
"At least you had some apples"
>>
>>9456992
Empathy is your guide.
>>
kill all norms
>>
"Death is a mystery for which we must prepare ourselves in the same spirit of submission and humility as we once learned to prepare ourselves for life."

- Carl Jung
>>
>>9457646
adopted. thanks
>>
File: il_340x270.1202988505_gw6q.jpg (24KB, 340x270px) Image search: [Google]
il_340x270.1202988505_gw6q.jpg
24KB, 340x270px
>>9456992
First analyze the logos of the situation, then think from a purely emotional standpoint before weighing the options, and coming to a decision.

One sentence, 100% usable in any situation. Skip steps if they need not apply.
>>
>>9457014
This is actually better than 95% of the posts in this thread
>>
>>9456992
I think, therefore I am, and kill all son's of bitches
-Nietzsche
>>
Actively seek to minimise suffering.
>>
"Tonight I will kill myself"
>>
Reactive chess is losing chess.
>>
>>9458257
You mean kill yourself this very instant? Without even trying to be 2deep4u that's the only conclusion one could come to using your philosophy
>>
>>9457680
>caring what other people think
spooked
>>
>>9457075
leave
>>
>>9456992
"ayy lmao"
>>
civilize the mind but make savage the body - basically, Epicurean katastemic pleasure is what I aim for
>>
>>9456992
Immortality nullify current reasoning.
>>
>>9457000
>I am inherently superior to 99% of the world's population
>my failings are the result of the works of women, leftsts, jews, blacks, and liberals.

kek
>>
>>9456992
Nothing matters, so do whatever that doesn't hurt other people.
>>
>>9458736
But hurting other people doesn't matter either.
>>
File: arthur-schopenhauer.jpg (340KB, 1000x1008px) Image search: [Google]
arthur-schopenhauer.jpg
340KB, 1000x1008px
>>9458356
>He thinks death is a way out.
>>
>>9458766
Yeah.
>>
>>9456992
B.E. yourself
>>
Shame I have to give a preamble specifically stating that this is not about race but humans in general, myself included, but such is 4chan...

"Silly little monkeys..."
>>
>>9457608
Thanks bud.
>>
pork them bitches until they stroke out
>>
No one cares about you so why should you care about them
>>
>>9458866
I care about you .
>>
You may say that I'm a dreamer, but I'm not. - Lenin 2012.
>>
File: 10710-004-76C3C341.jpg (18KB, 203x300px) Image search: [Google]
10710-004-76C3C341.jpg
18KB, 203x300px
You'll never know if you don't try it.
>>
>>9458881
That's what they all say. Then they fuck you over in some way.
>>
Pain is mandatory. Suffering is optional.

I mostly just use it to remind me that value judgements won't get me anywhere. Live in the now etc. The whome shazass
>>
All external events are beyond our control
>>
/pol/ is always right.
>>
>>9457462

Underrated.
>>
>>9456992

I have never considered myself bipolar - I can control my emotions. But like everyone else, I have periods that are best described as mania and depression. During mania, I'm proud and confident. I can act, create, but I'm too pigheaded to learn. In a depression, I realize the gulf of my ignorance and I take stock of the ever dwindling amount of time I have left to reach my goals, whatever they are. In this kind of mood, it's hard for me to be bold, but I'm humbled and I can learn. For me, a good rule of thumb in life should take the best of these two states: humble enough to always be learning, but also aware of my own worth and achievements without any grandiose delusion.

I try to think the following all the time: "For everything good in my life, I owe someone or something else; for everything bad, I can only blame myself and my faults." I think the secret to a healthy mental state is an always-mindful gratitude. Whether I can direct my thanks to a person in particular or just Providence in general is not important. I could see how someone could view this as a harmful and self-deprecating outlook. But in my case I have too much ego, not too little, so it's more important that I smack it down as often as possible.

That's as short as I can make it.
>>
File: 1425067681802.jpg (14KB, 200x229px) Image search: [Google]
1425067681802.jpg
14KB, 200x229px
>>9458916
>>
Everything is entirely out of our control.
>>
Humans really only need like half of their organs. Harvesting them is no big thing.
>>
Several faps a day keeps depression away
>>
>>9457680
If you selfishly want your wife to get fucked it shall suit you, if you don't it shall also suit you.

If you don't because you fear being a cuck, you're spooked.
>>
>>9458777
nice
>>
File: image.jpg (114KB, 832x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
114KB, 832x1024px
>>9456992
the jews are behind everything bad
satan is behind the jews
>>
>>9456992
>With ma double blade axe and my hard nail boots I go where the timbers tall
I don't know it just reminds me to live a simple life
>>
>>9458894
thats one way to justify that awkward gay experience you once had
>>
File: 1484775438640.jpg (657KB, 1920x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1484775438640.jpg
657KB, 1920x1280px
irregardless its the same difference and i literally could care less for all intensive purposes
>>
>>9456992
>I am the gardener and I know what I want you to be, I cut you down so you may grow to fruition
>>
>>9457000
Go back to Pol
>>
>>9457074
Thus came the voice of the Lord unto me, saying: All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God;

Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;

For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts.

And I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven.
>>
Egoism
>>
>>9457000
this is your life on narcissism and paranoia
>>
Take Gabapentin
>>
>>9456992
Stoicism is literally the only philosophy you need in life.
>>
Know thyself.

And of course, the golden rule.
>>
Passive Choice followed by Intention for morals and don't be an asshole for most other things.
>>
Leave it better than you found it.

It being people, situations, and places. Just do good, generally. Be loving.
>>
>>9457300
underrated post
>>
>Fuck it
>>
>>9458356
Not your own suffering, the suffering of others.
>>
>>9457014
kek
>>
>>9456992
laugh at everything, especially your own expense.
>>
Everything will be okay as long as I'm not sober for it.

please kill me
>>
>>9456992
I live by 2 rules, and the first is don't sweat the small stuff.
>>
>>9460668
I'm guessing the 2nd has to do with taking your antipsychotic medication every morning
>>
>>9460683
No that's a habit, not a rule. The second is don't sweat the big stuff.
I don't care about anything.
>>
>>9456999
that's zappa making fun of the kind of people who let themselves get fucked in the ass by megachurches and the like
>>
Cheer up because it will all be over eventually.
>>
>>9460686
heh gave me a chuckle anon
>>
Make sure that they can't say that you didn't try
>>
This too shall pass
>>
>>9457074
>God
>creature

jej
>>
>>9457303
>>9457561
>>9461127
explain this meme too me
>>
Try to be the best version of yourself. Sure, it doesn't really matter, but you'll feel better.

If someone could do it, I might at least try as well.
>>
>>9456999
t. redditors

>>9457000
It must be nice not to have to rely on personal accomplishments to feel better than people, huh. You can just feel better because of how you were born.
>>
OP here. I'll add that this is still annoying me today (and for over a year previously). The annoyance is literally a minute by minute thing, not some sort of grand lack of meaning.

Should I be reading right now instead of browsing dumb 4chan stuff? And for how long? Should I measure in pages, time, or chapters? Or does any measurement distort the experience? And if books are for enjoyment then why should I have to force myself? Or are books read to let me know more and be more interesting? But I have to cuck myself by doing stuff I wouldn't normally do to please others? And so on and so on in a million different ways.
>>
>>9457135
Really made me think.

>>9457320
Best response so far. Having an interesting life is the antidote to death, or at least as close as one can get. The opposite of death, depression, and misery isn't happiness. It's fascination.

>>9457394
It won't though. We will all almost certainly be forgotten eventually. And even if it did, you wouldn't be able to enjoy it when you're dead.
>>
>>9457135
this is just Nietzsche's Eternal Recurrence
>>
File: Plutarch.jpg (48KB, 700x407px) Image search: [Google]
Plutarch.jpg
48KB, 700x407px
>>9460242
plutarch in the sheets
nietzsche in the streets
>>
Up till the moment of my death I am immortal.
>>
File: 1492276137141.jpg (221KB, 1057x939px) Image search: [Google]
1492276137141.jpg
221KB, 1057x939px
"Bugrit. Millennium Hand and Shrimp."
>>
So I thought of one for myself just the other day after reading the Stoics: "Do what you want". I know it sounds stupid, let me explain.

If you ask someone why they procrastinate, they would likely say something like "I know I need to work, but I want to just watch tv (or whatever their vice is)". But I don't think that's right. I think that these people, if they really thought it out, would realize that what they WANT is to be productive, because it carries with it a lot of benefits like graduation, money, etc. No one would say they'd rather watch tv than graduate. When you end up procrastinating, you're really just failing to do what you want to do. And once you've reached that point you can just add the traditional Stoic teaching about how we are always in control of our thoughts and will, and we can always at least attempt to accomplish our goals.

So when I say "do what you want" I'm reminding myself what my goals really are and that all I have to do is make the choice to pursue them. Why would I slack off, eat junk food, etc. if I've determined that I don't actually want to do those things?

Anyway, that train of thought is working well for me, basically examining what it really means to "want" something. Thoughts?
>>
>>9457000
The amount of serious replies to this post is disheartening. I thought lit was supposed to be the smartest board.
>>
>>9461600
what the FUCK is going on in this pic?
>>
File: 1472733276890.jpg (62KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
1472733276890.jpg
62KB, 500x351px
>>9458777

w-what do you mean anon??
>>
>>9461683
schopysuicidemememacro.jpeg
>>
>>9461663

NO NOT SMART BOARD
>>
>>9461663
>>9461708

i want to like the redpill, i mean feminism has outlived its usefulness and become decadent, and cultural racism is ok to me, it's clear confucianism is better than being a fatherless thug in the street, but the way redpill fags are so obsessed with getting laid is so beta
>>
>>9456992
"Bless you prison, bless you for being a part of my life. For I came to realise, lying there on the rotting prison straw, that the object of life is not prosperity as we are led to believe, but the maturity of the human sole"

That one when I am happy/at peace/ otherwise stable

"Because I am a Karamazov, because when I fall into the abyss I fall straight into it, head down and heals up. And I'm even pleased that I'm falling in just such a humiliating position. And for me I find it beautiful"

For when I am feeling depraved, depressed, low.

I need a quote for pure happiness, any Tolstoy ones out there?
>>
>>9456992
You're a femboi. Start drawing vaginas on the bathroom walls, grow your own fox tail, lock your dick and throw away the key. Take the translucent LTH pill and use your femme aura to have everything come to you for a change. You can only deconstruct so far until you lose amicability with the male imperative.
>>
>>9461674
You sound pretty lost.
>>
"What would Adolf do?
>>
Nobody went with "This is water."

Lot of stoics, though - no surprise there - so it seems like it's kind of covered.
>>
On Goals:
Find something you like doing. Then do it. If you want to be good at it, learn what constitutes excellence in that field. Then work towards that excellence.

On Life:
No one is equal. Others will be smarter, faster, more creative. Others will be dumber, slower, less creative. You likely have a handicap you must overcome. If it cannot be overcome, overshadow it by excelling in other qualities.
>>
>>9461674
This webcomic was severely memed back in the day
>>
File: Utrecht_Moreelse_Heraclite.jpg (2MB, 1900x1564px) Image search: [Google]
Utrecht_Moreelse_Heraclite.jpg
2MB, 1900x1564px
Everything flows.
>>
>>9456992

Realizing there is no free will and everything is deterministic.

Everything will play out the only way it can play out.
>>
>>9456992
It's just the way she goes
>>
>>9456992
Life is meaningless and absurd, but booze makes it worth sticking around.
>>
>>9458678
Hey anon, I always thought something like that but rather intuitively. Could you plase rec me some theory on that matter?
>>
Everyone is just a person trying to be happy.
>>
>>9456992
One that always guides me through life

Two to the one from the one to the three. I like good pussy and I like good tree. Smoke so much weed you wouldn't believe, and I get more ass than a toilet seat.
>>
Desiderata
>>
>>9456992
Hakuna Matata
>>
>>9456992
It's not BE yourself dickhead it's B.E. Yourself
>>
>>9456992
don't fear the god(s)
don't worry about death
what is good is easy to get
what is difficult is easy to endure
>>
Life is worthless without legacy.
You only die when you are forgotten.
Follow the path of men everyone respects.
Follow the path of men history will always remember.
>>
>>9462413
You're a dead man walking then, my friend.
>>
>>9462414
Do I not live in your mind and my own?
>>
>>9462419
You're only a hypothetical person to me, Anon.
>>
>>9462422
Still a person.
>>
>>9462419
I'm not sure that you exist outside of my mind.
>>
>>9462434
Yet worthless without legacy.
>>
>>9462440
I exist in your mind.
That is all that matters.
>>
>>9462443
I've got time.
>>
>>9461333
Nice
>>
>>9456992
"Accomplish unduly burdening legitimate activity."
>>
The meaning of art is not to impress but to violate ones who would oppose you.

Move on or die trying. ;)
>>
The head may err, but never the blood.
Nakajima Atsushi
>>
Rhetoric precedes politics.
>>
>>9462374
Everyone will fail
>>
>>9456992
"Everything good is on the other side of fear."
- Will Smith
>>
There is always a way.
>>
pain is just a thing, you can ignore things
>>
>being a Will to System kek
>>
>>9457074
>humanism
>projecting your petty morality
Typical guilt-ridden rejection of guilt.
>>
Without the sauce, you're lost. But you can get lost in the sauce.
>>
just follow your whims lad
but try not fuck up too bad
>>
>>9456992
Disregard females. Acquire aesthetics.
>>
>>9457068
He surely is
>>
>>9457320
I agree so long as you mean that you make your life interesting to you, yourself. If you mean you should appear interesting to others, despite being totally uninteresting then I don't agree with you. But sure, so long as you find your life interesting, it doesn't matter what other people might look into your life and see. Essentially your >be interesting
is just another way of saying >do what you love.
>>
>>9457394
This sounds like that speech from Harry Potter about that big ass spider.
>>
File: 1489197409725.jpg (25KB, 404x390px) Image search: [Google]
1489197409725.jpg
25KB, 404x390px
>>9457000
I love this poster so much
>>
>>9461714
Sure you aren't confusing the dudes from "theredpill" subreddit and the manosphere with the other people consider themselves redpilled that are just far right?
>>
>>9456992
Unironically it is

Everything will turn out better than expected :)
>>
you asked for this
>>
"Always be kind."

To everyone. All the time. Regardless of anything. I fail at it a lot and some people think I am too soft / get taken advantage of. But I'd rather do my best to be a generous, understanding person than come up with arbitrary rules about who "deserves" my kindness. Any time it hurts me I just view it as a chance to be stronger so I can give even more next time.

Good things:
>everyone's favorite boss
>unweatherable customer service facade
>friends love and appreciate me

Bad:
>junkies leeching off me financially
>trying to balance who needs my time/attention more
>get used by shitty people
>>
>>9462702
Isn't that a tautology?
>>
People are constantly changing, so don't hold yourself to something just because you said/thought it at one point. The same goes to allowing other people the room to change.
>>
>>9461143
Cest la vie, oy vey, shit happens, it cant be helped etc.
>>
Do onto others as you'd want them to do onto you.

Has worked for more than 2000 years. If you know what the Lindy effect is, you'd understand why that's important
>>
>>9456992
YOLO
>>
>>9457000
>tfw you satirize /pol/ but get mistaken for the real thing because there's no difference
>>
>>9462853
I genuinely believe this is bad philosophy. It damn near paralyzed me
>>
>>9461143
google it faggot
>>
>>9456992

Don't do jump in the pool until you know how to swim. Then immerse yourself fully.
>>
>>9456992
Nothing in life matters
>>
File: whiteshelf.jpg (578KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whiteshelf.jpg
578KB, 1000x1000px
Suffering is a by-product of true love, and everyone is dealt a bearable amount even if appears not so; people will enter panic attacks over the idea of presenting before their class yet adolescents with butterfly skin disease can calmly enter a hot bath.
>>
>>9457320
And how exactly are you interesting my friend?
>>
>>9457394
Why would you focus on what people will think of you in the first place?
Who gives a shit what other people remember about you after you die?
Have the courage to live in the now.
>>
>>9457462
Kek what has being kind ever done for you?
>>
>>9458777
>777
>>
>>9462227
Why? I dont understand this either
>>
>>9456992
memento morie
>>
>>9462413
Legacy is wortless too
>>
>>9456992
The past is over and can't be changed. You feeling bad about it won't ever change it so you might as well not do it.

Only be nervous before you are doing something, not while you are actually doing it. Just do the best you can do in that given moment, if you are still going to fail then succeeding was out of your power anyway.

Nothing really matters as much as you think it does in any given moment, unless you are literally fighting for survival.
>>
Hope is for people who never learn
>>
>>9456992
For every decision ask yourself what would a better man do.
>>
>>9456992
>Can I do something about it?
>No?
>Then why worry
>Yes?
>Then why worry
>>
>>9462968
The author of an otherwise unrelated webcomic inserted this overly dramatic and badly executed comic strip into his webcomic after his wife had a miscarriage.

People made fun of it and produced endless amounts of parodies in the same style.
>badly drawn guy runs through hospital door
>receptionist points finger
>guy stands next to shrugging doctor
>guy hoverhands over crying lady in a bad like a rapist after the act
>>
>>9463012
What if you're unsure and exist in a state of perpetual confusion, trying when you shouldn't have and failing, and letting opportunities you should have seized pass you by?
>>
>>9456992
I know that I know nothing.
>>
>>9463022
This isn't quantum mechanics my friendo
Just try to answer the question with a yes or a no, otherwise you haven't thought it through anyway

desu yes, you can't use this always and everywhere
the world isn't that easy
but often enough to make your life a bit easier
>>
>>9456992
Very simple: if it's jennatrap, it's time to fap.
>>
"Don't think about it too hard"
also this
>>9463025
>>
>>9456992
Create yourself
>>
White males have no right to live.
>>
>>9456992
Lift.
>>
>>9461652
I don't want anything. That's the problem.
>>
>>9462887
or this board has just become stupid enough to fall for it. pretty sad desu
>>
>>9463177
Then why are you unhappy?
>>
>>9456992
Life sucks, and then you die.
>>
File: photo70.jpg (62KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo70.jpg
62KB, 600x900px
>>9463251
Nothing to fight or care for. Don't want money or fame or pussy.

I'm a plant that reads until it can go to sleep.
>>
I was suffering from depression during my youth and generally had a weak character. I was fragile.
I didn't become hateful, nor arrogant, but i realized one thing in life that was always true for me:
I am capable of doing everything i plan to do, other people aren't better than me and I shall strive to improve myself every day of my life.
I usually hide this stance of mine in public just to avoid pointless arguments and loss of acquaintances.
>>
>>9463260
Apathy is an opportunity. Not caring about other people's opinions is almost a super power. Is there something you think is kind of cool, but never dared to try? Just do it then, nothing really matters after all.
>>
>>9463282
>Is there something you think is kind of cool, but never dared to try?
No.
>>
>>9463286
Just pick something at random then, maybe you find meaning on the way.
>>
'At least I am not Anthony Burch'.
>>
'When I'm busiest I always sing."
>>
>>9458355
This.
>>
>>9458798
Yeah dude i sure hate those coons too
>>
There is (although greatly overexaggerated) a line between not giving a fuck and making life harder for yourself. Have this in mind when making decisions.

Also

Suicide is always an option
>>
>>9456992
Big beats are the best. Get high all the time.
>>
>>9463290
That's not very helpful, man
>>
>>9463604
I think you are depressed, not apathetic. Go to a doctor and get some antidepressants.
>>
>>9456996
"I am but a tree".
>>
>>9463556
Oh... so it did get written down?
>>
>>9456992
Consider time. It doesn't love you, but it allows you to love yourself.
>>
I shit only once, but i piss many times a day. Jews are at fault.
>>
File: 1492693893052.jpg (27KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492693893052.jpg
27KB, 480x480px
>>
>>9456992
>The one sentence that lets you know what to do in all situations?

"The love you withhold is the pain that you carry."
>>
>''Why should we care whether women are pleased or not? Women's opinions are useless. -- If we win, they will support us anyway, if we lose, they will immediately switch sides."
- Unknown

>"The divine is God's concern; the human, man's. My concern is neither the divine nor the human, not the true, good, just, free, etc., but solely what is 'mine,' and it is not a general one, but is - 'unique,' as I am unique. Nothing is more to me than myself!"
- Stirner

>One million or ten billion, the steak and wine tastes the same.
- Anonymous

>"For only he who is alive is in the right."
- Stirner

>''I've been following these kinds of "philosophical" theories for some time now, and I finally can conclude, they are worthless.
All theories are designed around logic, nature & life is designed around chaos.''
- Anonymous

>''Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest.''
- Ecclesiastes 9:10

>''He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.''
- Luke 22:36

>''Take no part in the unfruitful works of darkness, but instead expose them.''

>"Make an exception of yourself and you might become exceptional."
- Unknown

>"I would be beholden to no man, not even for a blanket."
- Hamsun

>"All things are Nothing to Me"
- Stirner

>The Greek term pathei-mathos derives from The Agamemnon of Aeschylus (written c. 458 BCE), and can be interpreted, or translated, as meaning learning from adversary, or wisdom arises from (personal) suffering; or personal experience is the genesis of true learning.

ALL OF THE ABOVE
>>
It's better to do mistakes than to do nothing
>>
Only god can judge me
>>
>>9456992
im not the nameless master of the world that time forgot
>>
>>9464453

This makes a great caption for gore pictures/grievous workplace accidents.
>>
Fear God and take your own part.
-Theodore Roosevelt
>>
The Thomas-theorem:
"If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences."
If you believe something to be true, it is true to you, in all it's consequences. If you believe your future will be hell, you will experience all the hell from that foresight.
>>
Truth is preferrable to falsehood.
>>
The only good tory is a dead tory
>>
"Keep cool, but care."

- Pynchon
>>
>>9464778
no it isn't...
>>
>>9459796

Is this a boy or a boy?
>>
>>9464819
Is what you are saying true?
>>
>>9456992
proactive cynicism is the only way to live
>>
Cogito ergo sum
>>
>>9456992
"You will become way less concerned with what other people think of you when you realize how seldom they do" D. F. Wallace
>>
>>9464916
Not a good idea to take advice from someone who killed themself
>>
It don't matter.

Nonna this matter.
>>
>>9464922
kys
>>
>>9464824
its a butterface/sharkface mongrel girl
>>
>>9456992
learn how to savor your time in the waiting room of death
>>
Everything in moderation.
>>
>>9457047
never seen that before, thanks anon
>>
>>9456992
moderation
>>
>>9462921
It's not about appearing interesting to anyone. I don't care a whole lot about what people think about me. It's more like >>9462626 said. I try to learn or do something new everyday, even if it's something small. There's a lot of fascinating things in the world, in people and in nature and in everything. Search for something you find interesting and ask questions and understand it as best as you can.
>>
Any decision is better than indecision
>>
>>9456992
"men are stupid, women are crazy." of course people exist that are both and are only a little dumb or a little crazy but overall it has proved true.
>>
>>9466132
completely wrong
men are the philosophers, inventors, artists, etc
how can they be stupid?

...unless you're a chick lmao
>>
Ideas are eternal as long as you help them survive.
>>
>>9456996

Molly as fuck
>>
>>9456992
Fuck em
>>
>>9456992
>All social life is essentially practical; all mysteries which lead theory to mysticism find their rational solution in human practice and the comprehension of this practice.
>>
Causality is the only truth.
>>
>>9457220
That's pretty good
>>
>>9458265
Awesome
>>
>>9458944
Smacking down an ego doesn't work. Beating yourself up has the same effect as over inflating yourself. In your case i don't think you would actually need to smack it down if you are able to regain proper control after the mania episode subsides.
>>
"We are here to help each other get through this thing, whatever it is."

~Kurt Vonnegut, Timequake
>>
>>9463254
Life's a bitch and then you die
That's why we get high
'Cause you never know
when you're gonna go
>>
>>9463004
manlets ?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.