[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What books would you recommend to a broken hearted 19 year old

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: schiele.jpg (39KB, 500x533px) Image search: [Google]
schiele.jpg
39KB, 500x533px
What books would you recommend to a broken hearted 19 year old who loves tragic stories?
>>
File: 1484871887693.png (333KB, 500x775px) Image search: [Google]
1484871887693.png
333KB, 500x775px
try this or young werther then fuck off to /r9k/
>>
I recommend not browsing 4chan to cope with real shit.
>>
>>9455294
A step-by-step guide to suicide
>>
read "mein kampf" and blame the jews, then fuck off to /pol/
>>
File: thestranger_3.jpg (639KB, 1280x1133px) Image search: [Google]
thestranger_3.jpg
639KB, 1280x1133px
"The stranger" by albert camus
>>
>>9455300
what animu is this image from my man
>>
Hypersphere
>>
The Sorrows of Young Werther
>>
File: hiv.jpg (257KB, 800x783px) Image search: [Google]
hiv.jpg
257KB, 800x783px
Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys
Sun Also Rises by Hemingway
Revolution Road by Richard Yates

What the fuck is with modernists and "tragedy?"
>>
>>9455306

wisdom

4chan exists for prospecting impulsive thoughts anonymously through the internet which typically results in ironic pop-culture statements such as what the fuck do you have to feel bad about in life as the age of 19 when you have barely lived because i have cum that is encrusted to the density of rhinestones on my shower that is older than you
>>
Norwegian Wood. You're the same age as the protagonist too.
>>
Start with the Russian
>>
>>9455294

Stoics so you can stop being a little bitch
>>
>>9455294
Jude the Obscure
>>
>>9455294
This guy has good advice >>9455306

Going off of that I'm still gonna rec you some shit.

>TC Boyle stories
to remember that life is an absurd clusterfuck and shouldn't be take all too seriously.

>Raymond Carver stories
if you wanna get depressed by the realization that everyone on this planet really is just as mediocre as a roadside diner in bumfuck Iowa, but theres still a broken beauty inside of it in it's pretty neon lights and the joking way the truckers flirt with the waitress. (Not the basis of one of his stories, just conveying the feel)

>Sun Also Rises
nothings more tragic than a great romance ruined by the fact that someone got his dick shot off in the war.

>Autobiography of Red
I just think its a comfy fuckin book
>>
Pan by Hamsun is the best you'll get
>>
>>9456955
Victoria by Hamsun fits the bill too.

Endless Love by Scott Spencer. Really made earning your red wings seem appealing.
>>
File: BoPSZ.png (167KB, 220x351px) Image search: [Google]
BoPSZ.png
167KB, 220x351px
>>9455294
Beware of Pity - by Stefan Zweig.

Honestly Stefan Zweig is the best at stories that induce the specific "pang" you want. I can't recommend him enough, he is easily one of my favourite authors
>>
>>9455294
Skylark
>>
>>9455294
Troilus and Criseyde by Chaucer.
>>
>>9455294
hamlet
>>
>>9455606
Zeta Gundam
it's shit
>>
>>9455294
You most definitely want Turgenev's Torrents of Spring
>>
Im an expert in this field.

Never let me go and the remains of the day by ishiguru
the virgin suicides by an whose name I will not attempt to spell
the sweet hereafter by I forget who
the english patient
vurt by jeff noon
mason and dixon by pynchon
>>
File: jp.jpg (149KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
jp.jpg
149KB, 1024x683px
>>9455294
Bear a heavier burden.
>>
>>9455600
Currently reading right now. It's great
>>
File: Comfy Read.jpg (8KB, 184x274px) Image search: [Google]
Comfy Read.jpg
8KB, 184x274px
>>9455294
Pic related. Go, go.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.