[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can anyone recommend some novels that deal with deterioration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: quagmire_big_grin.png (142KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
quagmire_big_grin.png
142KB, 500x375px
Can anyone recommend some novels that deal with deterioration of mental state, social isolation, loneliness, paranoia, lack of self-worth, pressure from society, etc?

I've read most of Kafka and recently read Büchner's Lenz, which I loved, and need more like it!
>>
>>9447714
Read Crime and Punishment senpai.
>>
JG Ballard's Drowned World kinda
>>
>>9447714

Oh, good Lord, this is rich. Stop making shit threads and start critiquing good stuff like

>>>9436497
>>
>>9447714
my diary desu
>>
>>9447714
The Bell Jar or ANY hubert selby jr novel

Fiction[
Last Exit to Brooklyn (novel, 1964)
The Room (novel, 1971)
The Demon (novel, 1976)
Requiem for a Dream (novel, 1978)
Song of the Silent Snow (short stories, 1986)[7]
The Willow Tree (novel, 1998)
Waiting Period (novel, 2002)
>>
>>9447720
>>9447727
>>9447791
Thanks for these recommendations guys.
>>
Hunger by Hamsun
>>
>>9447714
Are you me?
>>
>>9447791
Last Exit to Brooklyn is so fucking good. That chapter where the gay wants to chill with the drag queens is all sortsa what the fuck
>>
>>9447714
Confederacy of Dunces.
The Sailor Who Fell From Grace With The Sea
>>
>>9447714
Your autobiography
>>
>>9447714
What books would you recommend, OP?
Also interested in what you listed.
>>
El Tunel by Sabato
>>
>He hasn't read Soseki
>>
>>9448128
This
>>
>>9447778
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>the lawyer
>the soldier
>>
>>9448936

Ahh, this has me tickled m8.

https://youtu.be/DQTCS6aWRSc
>>
>>9447714
welcome to the NHK
>>
File: journey1.jpg (175KB, 600x866px) Image search: [Google]
journey1.jpg
175KB, 600x866px
>>9447714
>>
>>9447714
>deterioration of mental state, social isolation, loneliness, paranoia
gravitys rainbow
>>
Oh God, my God. Why have you abandoned me?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xmXO7aYDUAs
>>
File: BkXoCn2kqVw.jpg (79KB, 640x638px) Image search: [Google]
BkXoCn2kqVw.jpg
79KB, 640x638px
>>9447714
"The Myth of Sisyphus" and "The Myth of Sisyphus" by Albert Camus
"The Sorrows of Young Werther" by Geothe.
Maybe, these two aren't a kinda books with the atmosphere u asked for, but you probably can find something, if you read "Idiot" by Dostoevsky, for example
>>
Extension of the Battlefield and The Elementary Particles by Houellebecq
>>
>>9447744
Your writing is shit
>>
>>9447791
I got Requiem for a Dream for Christmas
But I've yet to read it. Have you read it? Is it good? I love the movie, but I've never read any Selby.
>>
>>9447744
yeah your writing is shit unfortunately
>>
>>9447714
Notes from Underground is the most honest fucking portrayal of loneliness I've ever seen. And it's a really great philosophical read too, but besides that, Dosto's narration captures perfectly that feeling of how repulsive a person can become when they have cut human contact.
>>
>>9448110
seconded
>>
>>9447714
The Long Walk
>>
>>9447714
Inferno by August Strindberg. Great novel, similar feel to Hunger which was recomended earlier.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.