[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Martin Heidegger thread I'm preparing an exam on Heidegger

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: [heils hitler internally].jpg (491KB, 1500x1172px) Image search: [Google]
[heils hitler internally].jpg
491KB, 1500x1172px
Martin Heidegger thread
I'm preparing an exam on Heidegger and I have to read Being and Time.
You guys have any suggestions for good commentaries?
Also, do I actually have to read the whole thing or can I skip through paragraphs once I get the point like I usually do?
>>
>>9441570

reading books written by Nazis doesn't make you look cool or edgy, it's just sad.

kys
>>
>>9441570
I am having an exam on Heidegger as well. Have been reading him for a while though. I heard William Blattner's commentary is rather good, although I don't have much experience with english commentaries (eurofag). Also, Derrida's lectures on Being and Time have recently been translated and compiled in an english volume and they are fairly interesting.

But with Heidegger there is no substitute for reading him on his own and in depth.
>>
>>9441578
>Nazis get to power
>"Either pledge your allegiance or get the fuck out of Germany before we kill you"
>Einstein, Strauss, Arendt, Hesse, Mann, Neumann, etc. (scandalized): "Goodness gracious I'm leaving!!"
>Martin Heidegger: "Huh? Yea sure heil Hitler I guess"
>Kxeeps going on with his studies while being revered as the most brilliant mind in his country, receiving honors and money by the regime.
>A Nazi
TL;DR: just cause he didn't leave doesn't mean he actively supported the ideology behind Nazism, he was just comfy right where he was
Also, if anything a point could be made for the second Heidegger, surely not Being and Time
>>
>>9441592
Thanks I'll check them out
>eurofag
Where from? I'm Italian
>But with Heidegger there is no substitute for reading him on his own and in depth.
Yea that's the case with every author, but frankly do you think it's absolutely necessary to read it in its integrity or can I start scrolling faster once I feel it's just being verbose?
>>
>>9441604
>can I start scrolling faster once I feel it's just being verbose?
I think you'll be scrolling up to re-read things, not down, figliuolo...
>>
>>9441604
>Yea that's the case with every author, but frankly do you think it's absolutely necessary to read it in its integrity or can I start scrolling faster once I feel it's just being verbose?

Heidegger is extremly dense, even though it may sometimes look like he is just rambling, he hated pointless "chatter" and tried to avoid it all costs.

Btw, where the hell do you guys study? Asking students to read being&time by themselves and then doing an exam on it is fucking ridiculous. It's a book even grad students will struggle with. Hell, even the scholars are still arguing over what the hell the guy was saying in the first place.
>>
>>9441875
>where the hell do you guys study? Asking students to read being&time by themselves and then doing an exam on it is fucking ridiculous.
I went up to the professor asking expressely to prepare an exam on Being&Time by myself because I wanted to study Heidegger even though it wasn't this year's program, if it was then he'd be talking about it in class
I study in Italy
>>
>>9441578
>implying white nationalists care about some flabby sense of individuality over their biological race
>>
>>9441596
Heidegger became a part of the party, went to meetings, wrote in his "black notebooks" about the Jewish conspiracy and the greatness of the führer.

Point being, he was actively involved more than he had to be.
>>
>>9441596
I'm sorry mate, but the newly release Black Books proved that he was actually a Nazi and that he actually believed in the cause.
>>
>>9441939
Nerd!
>>
>>9441578
If you do not find strength in your lineage and your kin, maybe it is because there may not be strength to be found in you.
>>
How much should I be knowledgeable about the Organon?'
>>
>>9442015
Heidegger joined to gain promience and steer it in his direction, when that didn't happen he all but left the party. He supported the radical nationalist nature of the Nazi's against Weimar society but he never suscribed to the biological racism of Blud und bloden style nationalism. And there are more open critique of Nazism and hitler in the black notebooks than there are of what he called the "metaphysical jew"
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.