[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there a secret to doing self-deprecating humor and getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: cbg.jpg (59KB, 650x391px) Image search: [Google]
cbg.jpg
59KB, 650x391px
Is there a secret to doing self-deprecating humor and getting people in the same group as you to laugh at it instead of being butthurt? Like I make fun of nerds a lot in this thing I'm writing even though I am a nerd and a lot of people who read probably consider themselves some type of nerd.
>>
http://www.indolentbooks.com/humor-poetry-and-privilege/
>>
>>9440774
"I've been a fool... such a fool.. a real... fool!"
"If you think i'm going to contradict you, you're wrong."

avoid it.
>>
>>9440774
When being self-deprecation you have to appear smarter than the person you're talking to: this is the secret.
>>
>>9440774
alcohol
>>
>>9440794
please don't tell me you actually read this cunt
>>
>>9443083
of course. there aren't a lot of poets who understand comedy and the piece directly addresses making fun of yourself. you should give that a try sometime, you humourless twat.
>>
>OMG I'm such a le nerd
you belong on r*ddit
>>
Be actually funny.
Make jokes or comments that are not solely focused on you being worthless
Don't flagellate yourself to the masses in apprehension of them flagellating you
People appreciate self-depricating humor the most when it blunts the edge of an otherwise sharp-worded, critically minded individual and allows for them to relate. In doing so it alleviates their own internal anxiety when faced with someone who seems unapproachable.

Basically don't be a little beta cuck
>>
>>9440774
Make over-the-top boasts about yourself delivered in an ironic tone. That works for me.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.