[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where is the line between free verse and prose? am I a brainlet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1492711653560.jpg (198KB, 1542x1023px) Image search: [Google]
1492711653560.jpg
198KB, 1542x1023px
where is the line between free verse and prose?
am I a brainlet for only being able to write poetry that rhymes or has some pattern?
>>
pls hel
>>
>>9439583
There reallt isn't one. Take, for instance, the Japanese Haibun, a development of the haiku into a structure more like prose.
>>
>>9439702
>free verse and prose
fuck nvm
>>
Free verse is a meme invented by Anglo trash to compensate for ugliness and rigidity of their barbaric tongue. Avoid at all costs unless you genuinely lack talent.
>>
>>9439712
Verse libre was invented by the French...
>>
>>9439712
english is great for rhyme and poetry though
>>
>>9439583
>free verse has no pattern
Are you retarded? Free verse is poetry because it has poetic rhythm and aims for something more than prose. Free verse's patterns just aren't as strict as "metrical" prose.

You might as well prescribe what colors should go where on a canvas and get confused that some painters think that they should be able to use red on the top left side of the canvas.
>>
Free verse is just prose with stupid formatting.
>>
>>9439754
I'm too autistic for free verse
I like the order and playing around with it
>>
>>9439754
Free verse may or may not have any sort of rhythm or pattern. These days it's almost always entirely free of any attempts at technical lyricism. In theory it's still supposed to qualify as "poetry" due to the ideas being artistically expressed but this is thought of subjectively enough that it's often nothing more than an excuse to write a paragraph or two of what are really just sentence fragments and enjamb them enough for it to look like "poetry" if you just look at how the lines are split rather than reading any of it.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.