[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>am a slow as fuck reader >on top of that I have to reread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: solanin_raiolaser_banner.jpg (21KB, 590x365px) Image search: [Google]
solanin_raiolaser_banner.jpg
21KB, 590x365px
>am a slow as fuck reader
>on top of that I have to reread almost every sentence because I'm afraid that I might forget something
>pause after every chapter and skim through the major plot points of it again
What the fuck is wrong with me?
>>
I don't know. Your condition is unfamiliar for me.
Why is it bad if you forget something?
>>
>>9438798
Sounds like fried brain to me, let me guess you overused the internet? I'm afraid it can take years for that to turn back to normal state. Shut off the computer and meditate to get your ability to focus back, and dont turn it back on for a year
>>
File: 1484160155398.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1484160155398.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>>9438798

If you're new to reading, then you're probably just not used to gathering all this information or following a complex story. You'll naturally get better over time.

However you might just simply be a brainlet and never get better. Pic related it's you.
>>
>>9438807
>Why is it bad if you forget something?
It's like having to take a piss in cinema - you always feel like you missed something important.
>>9438811
>let me guess you overused the internet?
I'm hopelessly addicted to it desu. It's impossibly for me to just quit for a year but I guess I have to trim it down a lot.
>>9438815
I hope so, because right now I feel very foolish
>>
same here, OP. I've been like this since I started reading as a kid. 18 years later it's still the same.

I don't even remember the details of and sometimes the main plot of books I read a year ago.

My IQ is 86 btw. maybe we're just to dumb 2 read
>>
Remember to enjoy yourself. It's possible you're just trying to force yourself through books you don't really like.
>>
Same dump
>>
File: hambone pridespur.png (127KB, 226x425px) Image search: [Google]
hambone pridespur.png
127KB, 226x425px
>>9438849
>tfw my iq is 186 and i still have these exact problems
>>
>>9438836
Try to focus on the big picture before all.
If you can't remember a detail it is because you didn't find it relevant which means that you just didn't have the knowledge to assimilate it. Trying to force yourself to remember something you just don't understand won't help you get the general idea.
Get out of reading whatever you can.
>>
>>9439527
sofucking stupid
>>
Just read some more you ll get better at it
>>
rereading every sentence is a bad habit op. it makes you understand the text even less than if you had just kept reading, it disrupts the flow/focus and makes you concentrate less. It essentially makes you lazy as you know that you can just go back at any time if you didn't get something.

Try using an index card or folded paper to cover the text as you go down the page. You'll want to go back to the previous line but fight the urge. It's ok if you didn't understand the previous line, just keep going, you will eventually improve. If you are reading online try to look out for it and ignore it. If you didn't understand just reread the entire article/post again.

It's called reading regression op, sometimes it's important to go back and reread something like a math or chemistry text but for most things you don't have to. I used to have the same problem but by following the method above it will force you to concentrate more on the text(therfore increasing comprehension) and it made reading more challenging and fun for me. Also improved my confidence about retaining info from the text.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.