[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>get tired of Zizek and Marx >decide to read some nice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: sfdsgfsssssssfd.jpg (42KB, 664x310px) Image search: [Google]
sfdsgfsssssssfd.jpg
42KB, 664x310px
>get tired of Zizek and Marx
>decide to read some nice 20th century music history (the Rest Is Noise)
>get to Soviet Union part
>fucking Marxist interpretations staring back at me
>stop reading the book, pick up Persepolis, a grapic novel about someone growing up in mid-20th century Iran
>mfw Marx is on fucking page 10
>notlikethis.jpg
>finish it, there are multiple mentions of dialectic materialism
>decide to read esoteric books
>mfw the entire first chapter is essentially Hegelian negation described in mystical terms

CAN I JUST READ SOME FUCKING BOOKS WITHOUT MARX'S FUCKING FAT FINGERS IN THEM? CAN SOMEONE RECOMMEND ME BOOKS WITHOUT MARX IN IT?
>>
A smart idea would be reading books written before Marx's birth.
>>
>>9437376
john green
the greeks
etc. ps- fuck off
>>
The annoying thing about marx was that he wasn't even real. He was just some construction of Engles to sow confusion so Engles could make more money off his investments.
>>
File: Truth.jpg (18KB, 165x220px) Image search: [Google]
Truth.jpg
18KB, 165x220px
>>9437402
thats probably a good idea desu
>>9437422
I've read both.
ps- fuck off yourself, at least I read unlike you
>>
Try "Wilt", from Tom Sharpe
>>
>Hating Marx because of his pervasive influence on economic and sociology theory
>hurr commie boogeymen
How's being 15 treating you, anon?
>>
>>9437886
I'm leftist myself you fuck, I'm just trying to take a break from that sort of thing.
>>
>>9438274
Doubt.png
>>
>>9437376
Descartes didn't necessarily say the material world didn't exist, but rather that whatever it consists of is unintelligible to us do to our seperate sensory/limited representation of it. Just in response to the picture... as for Marx, yep... and to some extent his influence is well deserved, regardless of if you agree or not with what he says.
>>
File: why.jpg (24KB, 717x154px) Image search: [Google]
why.jpg
24KB, 717x154px
>>9438309
My Twitter avatar is literally Zizek
>>9438312
Oh, for sure he is influential for a reason and I think he has some very insightful things to say, he just seems inescapable sometimes.
>>
>>9438381
Ah, right I see. That proves it. Carry on then.
>>
File: 1489925713983.png (298KB, 600x512px) Image search: [Google]
1489925713983.png
298KB, 600x512px
>>9437376
You read a book written by a female Marxist about her experiences during a revolution and were surprised to see Marxism crop up. Furry muff
>>
>>9437376
>>9437402

Anything written before Marx/Hegel would definitely be your place to go.

For good English reading, try Francis Bacon, Samuel Johnston, David Hume, (or good ol' Billy Shakes).etc

As Canadian, most of my contemporary fiction is CanLit; most of it is void of actual philosophic speculation. The smarter of the pond would be books by Robertson Davies, or Stephen Leacock - both who are outrageously funny.

My favourite CanLit book is 'The Underpainter' by Jane Urquart, and novella is 'Mad Shadows' by Marie-Claire Blais.
>>
>>9438405
>You read a book written by a female Marxist about her experiences during a revolution and were surprised to see Marxism crop up
this OP, you're actually retarded
>>
>>9440313
>>9438405
I read it based on a recommendation. I went in completely blind.
>>
>>9437435
Oh hell I want this to be true.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.