[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: shit that pisses you off in books Ill start: When the book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1977.jpg (23KB, 304x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1977.jpg
23KB, 304x540px
ITT: shit that pisses you off in books
Ill start:
When the book gets a movie adaptation and they use the movie art as the new book cover
>>
Forewords
Chapter summaries
>>
Books with really long chapters only split up by those triple asterik things. It means they should be new chapters or that the writer is shit at pacing.
>>
>>9437283
Oftentimes it means there was supposed to be a line break, but that break fell at the end of a page where it would have been invisible.

t. proofreader
>>
First line of the book is a very short declarative statement as if its supposed to be profound and attention grabbing.
>>
>>9437307
Blame agents for that
>>
>>9436223
literally, the only reason I haven't read life of pi is because my mom bought me an edition with the movie cover
>>
books that are big enough pseud-bait to attract a movie adaptation really piss me off.
>>
>>9436223
When poetry is too obfuscated for me to comprehend. Yes, I know in not as smart as I hoped I was.
>>
>>9436223
books subtitled "Book (n) in the Chronicles of...", with a made-up map at the front, territories labeled in cursive, and a list of made-up words at the back that don't need explanation.
>>
>>9436223
>When the book gets a movie adaptation and they use the movie art as the new book cover
I understand why they do this but it makes me irrationally fucking angry.
>>
>>9437555
Also doesn't help that you're reading poetry the wrong way.
>>
>>9437752

Why? In 99% of the cases, it looks better than whatever artsy postmodern doodle they originally used.
>>
>>9437764
I don't know if I've ever seen a movie cover that I actually thought looked better than the original. Movie covers always look so fucking tacky.
>>
>>9437298
How does one get that job?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.