[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's no point in writing. Statistically your book will

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_3056.png (72KB, 482x555px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3056.png
72KB, 482x555px
There's no point in writing. Statistically your book will simply not stand out. Only a small fraction of any art is memorable or even interesting. This is especially true to the mediums of literature and music.

In fact, most people are flat out retards when it comes to writing. They weren't born with an intuitive creativity and sense of pacing that cannot be developed.

All the people here who think they're the next DFW or Pynchon are in for a rude awakening.
>>
File: 1489821882923.jpg (6KB, 168x168px) Image search: [Google]
1489821882923.jpg
6KB, 168x168px
>>9436178
>writing books to become famous
nice meme
>>
>writing to be the next DFW or Pynchon
The best stories are ones the author wants to tell, not ones the author wants others to love. Many great authors have both qualities but if you lack the first one youre shit.
Its called artistic vision faggot
>>
>>9436209
>>9436212
Reading comprehension

I'm saying there is logically a very small chance your artistic vision is original or interesting
>>
>>9436246
So?
>>
>>9436262
Are you content releasing assembly line product you know is ultimately forgettable?
>>
>>9436178
writing is its own reward and for me the journey towards becoming a better writer than I was yesterday is more than enough
>>
>>9436278
>The only two options is ex nihilio originality or cliche storms

You've gone full dichotomus retard my man.
>>
>>9436178
>Implying writing a good/memorable book is merely a statistical odd.
>>
>>9436278
See
>>9436286
>>
>>9436178
That's why I write erotica under a pen name and self publish on amazon. My writing has actually significantly improved from writing that bullshit and I make money now.
>>
>>9436178
>They weren't born with an intuitive creativity and sense of pacing that cannot be developed.
This is complete bullshit.
>>
>>9437277
That is why I wrote and published erotic alias Amazon. The trash can really improve my writing and my money now.
>>
>>9436209
this is an old meme
>>
>>9436178
>They weren't born with an intuitive creativity and sense of pacing that cannot be developed.
>They weren't born with [a] sense of pacing that cannot be developed.
So you're saying their sense of pacing CAN be developed? That's a good thing, isn't it?
>>
>>9436178
shut up faggot
>>
>>9436178
>Statistically

lmfao

do people seriously believe in concepts of "statistically"?
>>
>>9437506
ask /pol/
>>
Most people may be flat out retards when it comes to writing, but I'm not most people.

I'm not the next DFW of Pynchon, I'm the first me. And that's good enough.
>>
File: 1491897704018.jpg (89KB, 499x433px) Image search: [Google]
1491897704018.jpg
89KB, 499x433px
>>9438065
But definitely not the only you. I've read this sentiment a billion times on facebook.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.