[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TELL ME HOW TO COME UP WITH A FUCKING PLOT I CAN'T TAKE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: 2ikryhf.png (749KB, 819x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2ikryhf.png
749KB, 819x1024px
TELL ME HOW TO COME UP WITH A FUCKING PLOT
I CAN'T TAKE THIS ANYMORE
YOU HAVE 5 MINUTES, IF YOU DON'T DELIVER I WILL GUN THIS PLACE DOWN AND HUNT DOWN YOUR FAMILY
>>
Just tell your life story and change up the names. If that story isn't interesting then you have found the real problem.
>>
>>9435895
There are tons of authors who dont write self referential bs
>>
>Caring so much about the plot
>>
Write a book about a guy who can't figure out a plot. EZPZ
>>
>>9436075
Those ones just resort to mythology or tropes. The former has mixed results, and the latter is invariably genre trash. What you really want to do is mythologize your life story.
>>
>>9436100
Do you think Pynchon's work is self referential?
>>
>>9436087
How do you write a novel without plot?
>>
>>9435888
think of some human experience that really sparks your synapses then write a story that explores it

ok go
>>
>>9436111
I think his work is probably based on stories he's heard. You might be tempted to give that its own category, but here's my counter: don't the best Pynchon novels read like a series of overhead conversations in a dive bar? In that sense, he is writing what he experienced.
>>
>>9436118
Ask Woolf.
>>
>>9435888
You can generate plots out of conflict. You separately outline an interesting fictional place with its geography and culture. Then you outline 3-4 characters; their traits, mannerisms, condition.

Then you look for a potential story from your characters in your setting. Is there a conflict between one character and their setting that can be explored? Or conflict between two characters? Can you frame a story withing a common plot framework (coming-of-age, picaresque, tragedy, romance/relationship, revenge, rags-to-riches)

It's all in the outlining stage. Nobody writes a book by just typing whatever comes into their head, without any outline or planning.
>>
>>9435888
Coins, dices and alcohol
>>
>>9435888

Go to the critique thread you faggot.

>>>9436497
>>
>>9436549
Why?
>>
make bad things happen to your characters
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.