[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If an author wrote a book bitching about a schoolmate and the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Pf18.png (778KB, 600x882px) Image search: [Google]
Pf18.png
778KB, 600x882px
If an author wrote a book bitching about a schoolmate and the book is praised and awarded because critics see the story as a metaphor critiquing the pros and cons of the american empire.... would it matter the authors only intentions was to bitch about some kid?

There's an entire industry and acedmy trying to read into stories more than they should.

I suspect most authors play along because they're profiting from it.
>>
File: 17502437134_796b32cffc_b.jpg (208KB, 1024x527px) Image search: [Google]
17502437134_796b32cffc_b.jpg
208KB, 1024x527px
Every year the same books are analized thousands of times.
Of course they cant make sense.
>>
What's wrong with some finding profound truth where others can only see petty bickering?
>>
>>9435609
>profound truth
>biased political reading of a nonpolitical work
>profound
>truth
Stop being a fag
>>
Man, Dante's Divine Comedy is just bitching after bitching. Good ol' Dante kept inserting his enemies in the novel and described them being tortured, suffering, saying bullshit etc..
>>
>>9435640
If we stick with the narrow example in op sure, but much of literary analysis is based around universal themes. In fact even, political analyses can usually be subsumed within broader ideas of power, struggle, loyalty, betrayal, etc. Who cares if the author only meant to write about his classmate? Are you so incapable of extrapolating from that experience and finding something bigger to empathize with? If so, you may have picked the wrong hobby.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.