[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can /lit/ read in noisy/public places or whilst doing other things?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: rsz_11joyride_into_hellpng.png (4MB, 2000x1533px) Image search: [Google]
rsz_11joyride_into_hellpng.png
4MB, 2000x1533px
Can /lit/ read in noisy/public places or whilst doing other things? Personally, I can only read in either total silence or lots of inseparable noises.
>>
>>9434580
>Personally, I can only read in either total silence or lots of inseparable noises.
Same goes for me. When there are lots of different noises they blend together so it's okay to read. But when there are only a few distinct noises, like two people talking and nothing else, it's impossible for me to concentrate on reading.
>>
>>9434580
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
Apparently, if it's a hindrance to you, you can get cognitive behavioral therapy to gain the capacity to read in noisy places,
>>
>>9434580
Same for me. Cant have a TV or single conversation in the backround.
>>
I'm stuck at home for the time being when either me or my mom tries to read, my dad constantly bothers us trying to make conversation, and he talks incredibly loud. I want to die.
>>
>>9434580
>Personally, I can only read in either total silence
And free from any other distraction as well really. Otherwise it can take too long for me to really get into it.
>>
File: 1492483949920.png (122KB, 400x431px) Image search: [Google]
1492483949920.png
122KB, 400x431px
>go to private pool in a resort to chill
>one group of people sitting at the end, one other lone old guy sitting not too far from them
>sit down and decide to read a bit with a beer and cigarette
>there is one old redneck in the group who has the loudest, most obnoxious voice of all
>he won't stop jabbering
>I'm not absorbing anything
>>
I work with idiots who put on music to focus on their reading/writing. Defective brains
>>
>>9434692
Well to be fair you and your mom probably ruined his life and he's probably not allowed to go out with his friends (or has lost touch with them or they are in a similar situation) so he's stuck at home and then no one wants to interact with him there.
>>
>>9434580
I've found that my concentration greatly benefits from the sound of an idling diesel engine nearby--the larger the better.
>>
>>9434839
>This feel
>Be reading in library
>Loud obnoxious females bitching to each other about shit behind me
>Have to re-read every page to take in what I've read
>Be unable to ask them to keep it down because too autist to talk to females
>>
>>9434871
More like he is completely opposite of /lit and watches reality TV and 24 hour news all day and has no friends and cannot make conversation more interesting above the "so, whaddaya think about ___?" level and who's presence makes it impossible to concentrate or relax, but I love him I guess.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.