[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have only read about 14 books that could be considered serious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: Battle_of_Ridgeway.jpg (205KB, 585x453px) Image search: [Google]
Battle_of_Ridgeway.jpg
205KB, 585x453px
I have only read about 14 books that could be considered serious literature
Only 1 of those was really long and really difficult
I have enough time to read more, but I don't
What I considered to be my "passion" for literature just seems more and more to be a hobby, or an interest
Should I just end my pseud existence?
>>
>do you enjoy it
>does it further your personal goals/help you grow
>are you causing no harm

If all yes: promptly tell external expectations and standards to fuck right off.

Who cares how much you read or if it's considered "literature." Everyone has different lives, different priorities, derives maximum pleasure from different amounts of stimuli. It doesn't have to be an overwhelming passion to be a good thing and have a profound effect on your quality of life.
>>
>>9434343
Yes, I do enjoy it, but it has become an escape from my crumbling failure of a life, an unhealthy escape for sure. I dont have any personal goals left and I'm not growing either
There is a good chance I'm causing harm to myself by retreating into literature everytime im faced with trouble in my life, while at the same time not having the conviction and gut to devote myself to it more fully
I read on-and-off, and even if it does affect me, I'd rather have it be gone than pretending to myself that it's my """passion""" when I've read and continue reading so little
Honestly I'm just depressed and willing to die
>>
File: 811.jpg (31KB, 409x513px) Image search: [Google]
811.jpg
31KB, 409x513px
>>9434343
>subjective conditions
>If all yes: promptly tell external expectations and standards to fuck right off.
>reading books for pleasure
>>>leddit

>>9434331
Read books that are substantial in world effect and in depth of content, it can be a hobby and an interest as long as you don't use it as a defining character trait or a posturing tool. Read to improve yourself.
>>
>>9434374
I have nothing else left, literature feels like my only way off this sinking ship of a personality that I am
>>
>>9434357
So get help. Find a psychiatrist and a therapist. Chances are there are assistance programs in your area if you can't afford it. This isn't a literature problem, or a personal failing. It is okay to cope with your life through reading, but you must take steps to help yourself as well. Even if you have tried meds/therapy before, try again. Not enjoying things / being able to focus on things you know you do enjoy is like top-tier depression symptoms. I have lived with MDD for 9 years. I read less than 20 books a year, sometimes less than 10. I love it but I accept that my disease makes it difficult for me to do the things I love and I don't really beat myself up about it anymore. Learning to accept yourself and be kind to yourself is so important. It is sometimes unbearably hard, but every single moment is a chance to do a little bit better for yourself. If you need help, get it. You deserve it.
>>
>>9434382
It seems within the realm of possibility that you are depressed.

In which case, this is the wrong question posed in the wrong plaxe, at the wrong time in your life
>>
>>9434386
I appreciate the effort you put into this, it seems sincere, thanks
>>
File: e97.png (764KB, 680x1046px) Image search: [Google]
e97.png
764KB, 680x1046px
>>9434382
Never too late to repent and begin living a life for God instead of living for yourself.

I have no patience for "depressed" people, pick up a Bible and start reading.

May God give you strength
>>
>>9434331
Read non-fiction.
>>
File: 1491139235772.jpg (49KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
1491139235772.jpg
49KB, 854x480px
>>9434410
Lmfao
>>
>>9434331
No. People here are stuck in perpetual masturbation. Storytime isn't important no matter what novel you're reading. Fuck the classics. Read nonfiction and verse yourself in subjects you're interested in, that way you can go learn applicable skills and forget about this place.
>>
>>9434516
So why are you here if I may ask?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.