[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What has all your reading done for your concept of what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1478280735894.jpg (55KB, 673x522px) Image search: [Google]
1478280735894.jpg
55KB, 673x522px
What has all your reading done for your concept of what constitutes a good life?
>>
>>9432732
Aristotelian excellence
Stirnerist spookiness
Marxist ideology
Christian virtue
Buddhist annihilation of ego
Stoic stoicism ;-)
Hedonist pursuit of pleasure
psychoanalytic ethics of desire
Socratic self-knowledge
Nietzschean Will to power/struggle
Heideggerian being-towards-death
Kierkegaaridan leap

in short, I don't fucking know. Putting my face betwixt the butt cheeks of a hot grill maybe
>>
Romantic poetry convinced me to analyze, dissect and cultivate my emotional spectrum
>>
Actually, it has only convinced me that life is nothing but misery.
>>
>>9432753
How do you engage with the anus?
>>
>>9432768
sensuously
>>
Socrates-esque awareness of my lack of wisdom
>>
>>9432778
Details please, walk me through it.
>>
>>9432787
This seems like the best possible outcome.
>>
>>9432796
How we individually engage with the abyssal hole of radical Otherness and accept it's primordial and pre-subjective void is the key to making it through life. How you get there, and how you do it must come from within you'are'own'selve
>>
aesthetic awareness + sensibility
>>
>>9432732
I'd suggest a Kamoulian approach to life.
>>
Realize a lot of things. As a child, when you realize fire burns you stop putting your hand into it so you stop getting burned; in that sense your life improves. When you realize X is tasty, you eat it more often and get more pleasure from it; in that sense your life improves. The same with the knowledge you get from reading. That's how I see it.
>>
I've gained more from anime than literature. Literature has refined, at most.
>>
>>9432732
Books are cancer
>>
>>9432732
You mean all my anime watching, right?

Friendship.
>>
File: mishima.jpg (13KB, 291x280px) Image search: [Google]
mishima.jpg
13KB, 291x280px
the age of wise men is over.
now one must seek death everyday and think so radically that even 3% of that philosophy would kill the world if it was implemented.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.