[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Damn, I miss this little nigga. I'm reading the "last"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: Isaac_Asimov.jpg (107KB, 807x1138px) Image search: [Google]
Isaac_Asimov.jpg
107KB, 807x1138px
Damn, I miss this little nigga. I'm reading the "last" book of the Foundation Saga, Forward the Foundation, and it is awesome.
It's a pity that he didn't complete the saga.
>>
What are good hard sci-fi books, or whatever the fuck that means? I read the Last Question and it was pretty good.
>>
File: reddit_aubrey.png (20KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
reddit_aubrey.png
20KB, 300x300px
>>9431840
>I read the Last Question and it was pretty good.
>>
>>9431840
Hard sci-fi means the "science" in it isn't just magic, and the author makes an effort to come up with plausible mechanisms for space travel etc. I think. Asimov was great at this because he was also a pretty good scientist.

Read foundation and then I, Robot. or the other way around, actually.
>>
>Saw this post
>looked to my left to the stack of Asimov sitting by my desk
same
>>
>>9431840
Rendevouz with Rama is pretty great
so is the Ben Bova series about all those little planets, It's been a good ten years though since I was 12 so they may not hold up quite so well as I hoped.
>>
>>9431536
I loved First Foundation. Also, did you read I, Robot? It's a good collection of conected short stories with interesting ideas.
>>
he has a great lil book about the neutrino that's pretty quick
>>
>>9431536
Asimov = dog shit
>>
>>9433498
I'm reading his "Understanding Physics" collection. Very smart hoss.
>>
if you can find John Sladek's "The Steam-Driven Boy and other stories", there's a brutal parody of Asimov's robot stories by "Iclick Asimove"
>>
>>9433489

>Also, did you read I, Robot?

No, but I read the Baley and Daneel saga. It's a sort of prequel of te Foundation Books.
>>
>>9431536
What are you on about? The last books he wrote were dreadful. Have you read Prelude to the Foundation? I feel nauseos just thinking about it.
>>
>>9431536
Didn't they all agree to give up their individuality and be subsumed into the collective at the end?

Born and died a Russian jew.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.