[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there books out there that share the aesthetic of VtMB? Closest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: beatpriestess.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
beatpriestess.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
Are there books out there that share the aesthetic of VtMB? Closest I can get is the cyberpunk genre, with Altered Carbon describing that gritty world.

I want more of the crime/horror/sexual elements from VtMB though.
>>
nick land

>Meltdown has a place for you as a schizophrenic HIV+ transsexual chinese-latino stim-addicted LA hooker with implanted mirrorshades and a bad attitude. Blitzed on a polydrug mix of K-nova, synthetic serotonin, and female orgasm analogs, you have just iced three Turing cops with a highly cinematic 9mm automatic. The residue of animal twang in your nerves transmits imminent quake catastrophe. Zero is coming in, and you're on the run.
>>
>>9431144
I've already read all of Land's work, published and unpublished.
>>
>>9430952
anne rice. obviously.
>>
>>9430952
What is VtMB?
>>
>>9432258
Really atmospheric game set in the OWoD ("Old" World of Darkness, to differentiate it from its recent retooling) tabletop role-playing setting.

Generally considered one of the best CRPGs out there. Good writing, good atmosphere. You explore an underground vampire society that has a political struggle between a self-appointed vampire government (to make sure the society stays underground and secret) and an "anarch" faction that thinks the community is capable of self-policing and the vampire government is just a tool for powerful vampires to dick around the ones who want to be left alone.

Very lovingly made by Troika games, who were forced to release it too early by a shitty publisher, then dissolved due to the resulting financial troubles, and all the grunts lost their jobs but kept working on patching the game to get it up to par. Has a major Unofficial Patch by the community that restores a lot of content and polishes it to be more of a finished game.
>>
>>9432258
It's an RPG about a secret global cabal of vampires - I think it's set in LA.

It's a cult classic but I've never played it so I'm not sure why.
>>
>>9430952

The lore books of White Wolf are pretty good, but you probably already looked into them.
>>
>>9432290
so, vampire: the masquerade? ewww.
>>
>>9433284

No, only pdf

https://mega.nz/#F!YIgVwQKY!ykGezjo3qppcgHXzTKuBGQ
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.