[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey anon! Don't forget to summarize every paragraph

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

>Hey anon! Don't forget to summarize every paragraph of the books you read in your own words so that you can properly digest the material. :3
>>
>>9429616
Why start this thread? What are you possibly going to get out of it?

Just fuck off
>>
>>9429619
You just gave him what he wanted
>>
File: pepe9.png (4KB, 438x375px) Image search: [Google]
pepe9.png
4KB, 438x375px
>>9429619
>>9429621
>>
>>9429616
does anybody have actual experience with this method to share?
>>
>>9429619

bazinga
>>
File: sheldon.png (168KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
sheldon.png
168KB, 600x300px
>>9429619
Zimbabwe!
>>
>>9430707
this, I'm curious since it seems it could help if you read long books
>>
>>9430707
>>9430910

Well if you have problems with digesting the text, then of course it helps. People always want to speed through books, and forget the pleasures of going slow and actually thinking about what you've read.
>>
I do it sometimes when reading historical books. Helps to create a little story in the head. Not sure how that would be beneficial to fiction
>>
>>9430707
I had this class where we'd read Horace's Odes, Propertius' works and Ovid's, etc. The exams would ask for very precise information about the texts, like "explain Cynthia being rescued by a dolphin in Propertius' 23rd elegy" and stuff like that. The questions were so precise and could be applied to such a vast corpus of text, that one had to know, for example, every single ode Horace ever wrote, and understand it completely.

The method I used was reading each piece of text (by paragraph when we worked on the Satyricon) was rewording what I'd just read, then adding comments. It forces you to understand exactly what is going on in what you're reading and you end up with a way deeper understanding of the text.
>>
>>9430707
>>9430910

I mean, I had to write two page precis for a couple of theory books. It didn't really help. There's too much information to be condensed into something like that.
>>
>>9431011
was reading each piece of text and rewording***
>>
>>9430985
Hey I do that too! Not whole books, but certain chapters. It's pretty fun actually.
>>
File: w4u1ha7rcdty.jpg (65KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
w4u1ha7rcdty.jpg
65KB, 540x960px
>>9430707
Yeah it is really helpful, specially if your studying for an exam. Humans tend to forget stuff, so its best to write important points down so you can revise them later.

Obviously don't do this during the first reading or it will kill your joy of reading the text. But on the second reading definitely.
>>
>>9431475
>Humans tend to forget stuff
This absolutely. Not only do we forget stuff we also create false memories.
>>
>>9431485
Yes, I remember reading about that.

Or do I?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.