[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought this bad boy (plus the reader's addition).

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: The_Red_Book_by_Carl_Jung,_2009.jpg (34KB, 340x450px) Image search: [Google]
The_Red_Book_by_Carl_Jung,_2009.jpg
34KB, 340x450px
Just bought this bad boy (plus the reader's addition). What am I in for?
>>
Bloody nonsense. Read the Bible instead.
>>
>>9429005
An appeal to emotions
>>
Bloody nonsense. Read instead of the Bible.
>>
>>9429005
Insights into the collective unconcious and some spirituality

what are your expectations of Jung anyways?
Maybe if you want more practical help, some other of his books are more well suited, and if you just bought it because pepe/kek/memes, then I don't think that would be a good or enjoyable read for you
>>
>>9429005
It's on my shelf too, anon. I've flipped to a random page and read some, and that little bit was illuminating. I'm looking forward to it. I've a thing for visionary writing and mystical experiences.
>>
>>9429005
A book the man would himself not approve of publishing given the reasoning and circumstances of its creation. I think it's interesting if you're already interested in Jung life and work, and worse than Artuad's mad ravings if you're in it just for the cool pictures.
>>
>>9429106
I'm well versed in Jung. I'm just interested in the accounts of those that have experienced the Liber Novus (as subjective as they may be).
>>
>>9429125
This. Little of it is worth reading on its own merit.
>>
>>9429091
*tips baseball cap*
>>
>>9429005
Admittedly I've only dipped my toe in so far. It seems incredibly obscure and difficult, but contains some striking imagery. Don't kid myself you'll ever fully understand it, just enjoy the bewilderment and mental images it creates.

If nothing else, the paintings are just incredible. Never guessed that Jung would be a visionary painter, in addition to all his other talents.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.