[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is his best short fiction story or novella? For me it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: Tolstoy.jpg (45KB, 570x428px) Image search: [Google]
Tolstoy.jpg
45KB, 570x428px
What is his best short fiction story or novella?

For me it's either Hadji Murad or The Forged Coupon.
>>
Hadji Murad
>>
God Sees the Truth, But Waits
>>
Hadji is fantastic (as are all the shorts) but I choose The Cossacks.
>>
Master and man is unforgettable. How much land does a man need is comfy.
>>
>>9428806

Honestly for me Master and Man felt like a fusion of Death of Ivan Ilyich and Kholstomer, in a way. I had read it only after those two works so perhaps my view on it is skewed slightly, I don't remember when the three were written chronologically.
>>
>>9428590
Forged Coupon is my favorite. Also really enjoyed Master and Man, Sevastopol Sketches, Hadji Murad, and Father Sergius
>>
I read the death of Ivan illyich and wasn't all too impressed. Well written but rather uninspiring...

I'm reading 'confession' now and am enjoying it much more.
>>
File: Younggod.jpg (35KB, 287x287px) Image search: [Google]
Younggod.jpg
35KB, 287x287px
>>9428590
I don't know man

But Raping A Slave is his best song
>>
>>9430904
I like most everything by him smaller than Family Happiness, but likewise never really understood the buzz about Ivan Illyich until concluding that it was probably the one book by T most had ever read. Sad, but what else explains this?
>>
>>9430904
>>9431377

Neither of you find the scene of his funeral gutwrenchingly terrifying? He died and people were more than happy to exist without him. That's such a universal fear. Or the final scene with his son, with him wrestling in the black womb, and ultimately coming to terms with life just before he dies? Nothing?

I mean, if you don't like it you don't like it, but personally I think its better than either of you let on.
>>
>>9430984

You did it, Rapeposter. Good job.

Also Swans are dope.
>>
Hadji Murat is fantastic, might be my favourite piece of short fiction.
>>
>>9430984
hey, it's someone who isn't me that's carrying on the truth about Tolstoy
>>
The Trial
>>
>>9431667
I don't think it's a question of not liking it, but rather of its presumed supreme place atop whatever else Tolstoy wrote in volume less than Family Happiness..
>>
> liking his post-Arzamas-horror sermon stories for kids
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.