[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so if I'm reading a book, how much do I actually have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

Okay so if I'm reading a book, how much do I actually have to read to say I've read it? I've not got a lot of time but I want to lead at least 50 books this year.
>>
I know this is bait, but if you stop even one page before the end, you haven't read the book, you've read part of the book.
>>
>>9427564
All of it, from cover to cover
>>
>>9427564
So basically you want to read books the way women watch movies? Only partially with absolutely no real understanding of what you read? What's the point? Maybe some kind of remedial reading courses can help you with your mental disability so that you can read a book like a sane, and mature person.
>>
>>9427580
Even the appendixes?
>>
>>9427603
Yes, especially the appendices
>>
I don't care whether you are being serious or not; I hate you either way.
>>
>Before he started college, my boyfriend spent most of his time reading and writing short stories. Three years later, he’s painfully insecure, worrying about things my public-educated friends don’t give a second thought to, like the stigma of eating lunch alone and whether he’s “networking” enough.
>No one but me knows he fakes being well-read by thumbing through the first and last chapters of any book he hears about and obsessively devouring reviews in lieu of the real thing. He does this not because he’s incurious, but because there’s a bigger social reward for being able to talk about books than for actually reading them.
So the answer is you have to read the beginning and the end, and fill in the rest with supplemental materiel. Read some essays on it for interesting talking points.
>>
>>9427576
This desu.
>>
>>9428196
This is true but only if OP's goal is to seem well read to other illiterate normies but he wants to read 50 books this year so it looks like a challenge to himself. So he might as well read the book cover to cover.

>>9428011
This is also true.
>>
>>9427564
51%
(I haven't read all of your post)
(this is only padding so that you will read all of my post this is only padding so that you will read all of my post)
thank you
>>
>>9427564
It depends, usually about 25% for me. I'll only go past that if it's really good.
>>
>>9427564
The whole book, you image-conscious little shit.

>>9428523
>>9428542
You disgust me.
>>
>>9428196
Why are you with someone who does that? Are you also insecure?
>>
You have to read all of it, but here are some tips if you're a busy person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24KnwTepKdU
>>
If you havent read the whole book, you havent fucking read it, much less be able to hold a real conversation about it.

How simple does it have to be for you fucknuts?
>>
>>9427576

Sometimes I do this to the foreword
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.