[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

why is this considered modernist, and not post modernist? it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: ulysses.jpg (281KB, 965x947px) Image search: [Google]
ulysses.jpg
281KB, 965x947px
why is this considered modernist, and not post modernist? it seems wacky and experimental enough, right, or i am missing something?

t. brainlet pls don't laff @ me
>>
>>9427087
>it seems wacky and experimental enough, right, or i am missing something?

wacky and experimental =/= peaux-meaux
>>
This is what happens when your educational system is shit and people learn about literature on /lit/.
>>
>wacky and experimental enough
:'(
>>
>>9427123
did you just imply that i'm educated?
>>
>>9427129
No. In fact, I implied that you're not educated at all because of the shitty American schooling.
>>
>>9427144
did you just imply that i'm american?
>>
>>9427087
"Wacky and experimental" can mean a lot of things.

There are specific themes, tropes, styles, subject matter, etc. associated with different periods. Not to mention time periods in which things are written. Dig into what makes a piece fit into a certain era, you might find new ways to think about something you once thought was "wacky".
>>
you're from /mu/, right?
>>
what does "modernism" mean?

what paradigms of modernity have been surpassed by "post-modernism"?
>>
The biggest thing, I think, is that it's not very self-conscious or self-referential.

I don't even know my modernism that well but to me it's partly a matter of definition - things that fit with Ulysses and with The Waste Land are modernist kind of the way the New Testament is a Christian text. As to what that ends up meaning, I think it's that it's in turns experimental, highly alliterative, satirical or ironic, thematically realist, and - and this is the best I can put it - a development of phonetic methods such as the plum pudding model that shows up in Portrait.
>>
File: IMG_5597.jpg (81KB, 1024x405px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5597.jpg
81KB, 1024x405px
Because this.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.