[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm sorry, Kierkegaard might be an interesting philosopher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: download (2).jpg (6KB, 196x257px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
6KB, 196x257px
I'm sorry, Kierkegaard might be an interesting philosopher with a lot of secular cred, but he's a terrible Christian thinker. He perverts Christianity's very corporate nature into something purely individualistic. I'm Orthodox and we celebrate ascetic hermits, but even hermits are understood as fulfilling a vital corporate role, not as narcissic islands.
>>
>>9426701
>he doesn't realize the corporatization is the perversion
>>
File: 14700522008620.jpg (57KB, 479x479px) Image search: [Google]
14700522008620.jpg
57KB, 479x479px
>orthodox promoting corporatism
fuck off, falseflagging papist shit
>>
>>9426701
Kierkegaard's way is better tbqh.
>>
>>9426701
>He perverts Christianity's very corporate nature into something purely individualistic

Well he was a Lutheran, so what do you expect exactly?

I'm not religious at all, but it should be obvious to anyone with a surface knowledge of different sects of Christianity that Protestantism is way more individualistic than it's other branches.
>>
>>9426707
What Orthodox theologians have yoj even read? Do you know what Saint Mary of Egypt's last request was before she fell asleep in the Lord?
>>
>>9426726
>Well he was a Lutheran
How so? He strongly objected to Lutheran doctrine and did not woraddhip with them. He was closer to a Quaker
>>
>>9426706
One body is the perversion?
>>
>>9426744
He strongly objected to the Church itself, which obviously is typical of Protestants.
>>
>>9426765
He objected to corporate Christianity, period
>>
>>9426786
Saying 'period' doesn't actually make your argument true.
>>
>>9427168
My argument that denying corporate Christianity distorts the religion?
>>
leftists, leftists everywhere. where my orthodox monarchists at?
>>
>>9427224
>virgin detected
>>
File: whiteshelf.jpg (578KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
whiteshelf.jpg
578KB, 1000x1000px
Nobody else can get you into Paradise but you, and Kierkegaard makes it clear that the highest thing you can strive to become is an individual. This is very Christian, and Christ admonishes all followers that the greatest enemy to a christian is within the church, for even Satan is disguised as an angel of Light.
>>
He just took Protestantism to its final conclusion. All that matters is me and my "faith".
>>
>>9426701
His problem was trying to make something decent out of a pile of shit.
>>
>>9426765
Protestants go to church though. The protestants around here go to church more often than the catholics.
>>
>>9426701
T. David Bentley Hart
>>
>>9426744
Quakers are the most sublime worshippers to ever live.
>>
This thread was shit on /his/ an it's shit here.

Shame on you, constantine. Put your trip back on.
>>
>>9426744
>He was closer to a Quaker
quakers are cancer
>>
>>9426744
he was obviously arguing INSIDE Lutheranism you stupid fuck

papist sees an instance of him using the roman church as a foil and suddenly he's no longer lutheran, you can search warosu for idiotic romanists making this argument on this very board

ALL OF GERMAN PHILOSOPHY IS A RESPONSE TO LUTHER
>>
File: icon.jpg (206KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
icon.jpg
206KB, 720x720px
>>9427224
Hey, you called?

desu I think 'monarchy' as it is commonly understood is more compatible with Catholicism than Orthodoxy (for largely historical reasons), but I can imagine a more theocratic government thriving under a committed Orthodox autocrat.

I'm no papist but I think a Roman-Catholic monarchy a la the Ancien Regime or an Orthodox theocracy modeled after Iran would prove to be the most successful form of government.

Protestantism is the most pernicious branch of Christianity imo because it's too closely related to Democracy and radical individualism/corporatism
>>
^ i think an anglican monarchy would work fine in anglo countries as well
>>
>>9428467
>ALL OF GERMAN PHILOSOPHY IS A RESPONSE TO LUTHER
This honestly, and it's all ruining Europe
>>
>>9427437

the winger-goalkeeper?
>>
>>9427437
Hart is a dishonest pseud
>>
>>9427224
I'm a Catholic theocratic anarchist, does that count?
>>
>>9427224
ben?
>>
>>9429334
theocracy is a form of government
even if you only organize around local parishes you still have a polity
>>
>>9426701

>He perverts Christianity's very corporate nature

Catholic fags not even trying to hide it anymore kek
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.