[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can people unironically read this shit? He writes like and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: bukowski.jpg (1023KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
bukowski.jpg
1023KB, 2048x1536px
How can people unironically read this shit?
He writes like and 8th grader.
And then, of course, what he writes *about*: got drunk, got fucked, got drunk then fucked, got fucked then got drunk, went to the post office, got drunk at the post office etc.
Explain.
>>
>>9426679
The desire to appear edgy/intellectual in young pseuds knows no bounds.
>>
>>9426679
his interviews are hilarious. He's a weak minded and abhorrent human but also a comedian.
>>
>>9426679
he's just a really standard young angry white guy author don't think about it too much
>>
you guys are delusional if you think you know about how drunks really live

he wrote about it legit
>>
>>9426708
I liked when he shit talked Faulkner
>>9426679
I've never read anything by him, only seen his interviews and they were pretty amusing, but he doesn't say anything really insightful, at least not literature related
>>
I read Ham on Rye and thought it was just fine. Most of his poetry is on par with Rupi Kaur though, the standard rambling bullshit about being unhappy with your job or being an outsider.
>>
>He writes like and 8th grader.
>>
He's for people ages 20-21, who romanticize alcoholism.
Having worked at the Post Office for 7 years now myself, I can tell you this man is a lightweight on all levels.
>>
>>9427247
kek

>>9426679
No one has praised him for his style and prosaic/poetical virtuosity. It's more about wanting an honest account of this guy, who, apparently, is interesting according to milions of people (and he kinda is, he surely was a new kind of man).
>>
File: IMG_1278.jpg (104KB, 512x618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1278.jpg
104KB, 512x618px
Bukowski has a certain charm to his writing. Reading Bukowski is like hearing the dude who runs my local venue get drunk and start rambling. The rant gets louder and louder but out of nowhere, he'll come at you with some deep insight. It's also very plain and easy to digest. He has a sense of humor and quasi-bleak outlook that's very appealing to pseuds. A lot of them want to idealize themselves as the passionate outcast living with the dregs of society because they love PBR and cigarettes.

He's not the messiah, but his work helped me through some tough times. It's like the literary equivalent of sitting on the curb sipping out of a flask of cheap whiskey
>>
I don't think Bukowski is that great but he would've hated you fucking blowhards. No group of people is more ill-equipped to comprehend Bukowski than the people who frequent this board.
>>
>>9426679
I read the post office, and it went like:
>find out about this cool/funny dude
>he died lol
>never hear about him again

>find out about cool/funny dude
>he's the boss
>never hear aboyt him again

>sex
>drunk
>etc
>>
>>9427395
>>9427769

These anons are right. Bukowski is a great author with direct prose and style, with simple but deep possible inquiries. Reading him is the equivalent of having the emotions of a shit experience. A honest account of a man living on the edge, thats it. Lourenço Mutarelli is a symilar author but with a most complex and dense literally project, and a symbolic view of the shit experiences of life - although it would be difficult to /lit/ to read him since is only still available on Portuguese.
>>
''Barney got her in the ass while she sucked me off; Barney finished first, put his toe in her ass, wiggled it, asked, ''how ya like that?'' she couldn't answer right then. she finished me off. then we drank an hour or so. then I switched to the bunghole. Barney took the mouth. after that, he went to his place. I went to mine. I drank myself to sleep.''
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.