[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If she was right in a room of one's own, why haven't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1488349611022.jpg (3MB, 2924x3994px) Image search: [Google]
1488349611022.jpg
3MB, 2924x3994px
If she was right in a room of one's own, why haven't we seen the emergence of a celebrated female novelist of serious literature? It's been over a year since women's enrollment in college surpassed that of men's?
>>
*over a decade
>>
she also said money
>>
/lit/ refuses to acknowledge contemporary literature so this new wave of female writers doesn't stand much chance of currying favour with us autists. Beyond these four walls many, many female novelists are celebrated as writers of serious literature.
>>
>>9426481
name some please
>>
>>9426484
Donna Tartt, Marilynne Robinson, Hilary Mantell, Jennifer Egan.
>>
>>9426496
How many can you name that should fare through the centuries?
>>
>>9426513
I don't know anon, I am not omniscient. How many male contemporary authors can you say the same for?
>>
>>9426521
None, they're all shit. But since I don't know these women I asked you.
>>
>>9426521
>How many male contemporary authors can you say the same for?

Krasznahorkai and Vargas from the top of my head.
>>
>>9426461
I don't see her spoken of often on this board, but I think Alice Munro is a really captivating author with very beautiful but simple short stories. She doesn't always astound me with her style, but there's often a very lovely atmosphere and poignancy to her stories.
>>
>>9426521
DFW, not for his novels, but his essays
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.