[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just finished Motorman by David Ohle today. I really enjoyed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

File: 3552242.jpg (29KB, 304x475px) Image search: [Google]
3552242.jpg
29KB, 304x475px
I just finished Motorman by David Ohle today. I really enjoyed it but I found it really confusing. Is there supposed to be some deeper meaning to all of it? Also, Is Ohle's later work worthwhile?
>>
Holy fuck what are the odds. I just finished this book tonight as well. Crazy.
Anyways I don't know about any hidden meanings but as an exercise or an 'experiment' I think it was really successful. Bunce scares the shit out of me.
>>
>>9425136
Wow that's a huge coincidence considering the obscurity of the book. Did you get a first edition copy or the reprint?
>>
>>9425143
PDF of the reprint. The Introduction was excluded so I didn't get to read it but it seemed sort of shit from what little I read on the Amazon page. So I take it you didn't like the book?
>>
>>9425151
Quite the opposite, my friend. While it was a bit confusing, I thought it was fantastic. It's become one of my favorites, to be honest.
>>
How'd you guys come upon Motorman?

I read it a few months ago after reading a Paris Review interview with Lish and checked out some of his favorite books and this was #1, although I much prefer his #2 The Log of the SS Mrs Unguentine and the rest of Stanley Crawford's other work by miles.

You should check out that^, Gascoyne, and Seed
>>
>>9425175
I found it through the surrealist, Shively Humperdink. He posted about the book online, I read some reviews, and it really piqued my interest.
>>
>>9425175
I broke into your house one day and read it. Also jacked off on all your underwear.
>>
>>9425175
I've already forgotten, I read something about it in the last couple weeks (yet another anon who just read this) and added it to my interlibrary loan list.
>>
>>9425151

Hey friend, can you let me in on where you downloaded the PDF?
>>
>>9425175

The Log of the SS Mrs. Unguentine is such a strange little book. Like I'm only about halfway through but it just sort of meanders between the wife staring out over the houseboat, describing long periods of life in a short space (reminded me a lot of Morand's Hecate and her Dogs in that way) and lazily fucking on the housebarge. I'm not sure I entirely get where Crawford is trying to lead me yet. I should probably open it back up once Summer comes around and I don't have as much work but in all likelihood it might get buried by Walser.
>>
where's the list of lish favs
>>
>>9425476
http://www.calamaripress.com/3rdBed/Ohle_Motorman.htm
It's $6
>>
>>9425126
What you see is what you get. The "sequel" may have familiar elements but is different enough to stay interesting.
>>
>>9426343
Wait, what do you mean when you say sequel?
>>
>>9426382
He wrote 3 more
>>
>>9427314
What order do they go in?
>>
>>9425983

Appreciate it, but I got it on PDF via my Uni. Willing to share if anyone wants it for free.
>>
>>9427846
Order of publication, the next one is the Age of Sinatra
>>
>>9428601
PLEASE DO
>>
>>9428601
>>9428627
Seconding this
>>
>>9428601
Please Share It, summer is really fucking boring.
>>
>>9428627
>>9428673
>>9428706
It's in this archive as epub
>Surreal Lit
>>http://www.mediafire.com/?x73uwtfhc3b7lzj
>>
>>9425498
This please
>>
>>9428908
Holy fuck thanks
>>
>>9428908
Do you know where I can find any other Ohle books?
>>
>>9428908
The Motorman epub had an error. Didn't show the entire book.
>>
>>9428936
#bookz has like all of them. Think slsk does too
>>
>>9429023
What's #bookz?
>>
>>9429080
good bye
>>
>>9429001
No error here, you might have a corrupted file or something software-dependent.
>>
motorman is /lit/core

it's been recommended on every chart forever
>>
>>9429099
So what should I do? Redownload the folder?
>>
>>9428908
I know this sounds dumb but can you recommend me a program that can read .epub files?
>>
>>9429134
Calibre
>>
>>9429134
>>9429219
(you can use the calibre reader on its own, separately from the library program)
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.