[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

One of the most brutal and eye-opening things I've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: cs.png (95KB, 220x216px) Image search: [Google]
cs.png
95KB, 220x216px
This is the work of Clayton Schwartz, a man who was paralyzed in a motorcycle accident. He, unfortunately, ended up killing himself.

http://www.2arms1head.com/

Why do I post it on lit? Aside from its value as a chronicle, it is a searing bit of writing. And I want to bring some attention to the talent that this man had.
>>
>>9424716
Note: if you struggle with depression, suidical thoughts, or anything of the sort, you should probably be careful about reading this. It really is harrowing.
>>
Bookmarking it.
>>
>>9424716

For the last fucking time

>you
>cannot
>orchestrate
>an
>automobile
>accident
>without
>unintended casualties
>>
>writer killed himself
You know, for some reason, it always makes me want to read it more.
>>
>>9424726
Im gonna bookmark this too but I just scrolled through it quickly. Read the part about his bladder. This is gonna be really painful isn't it?
>>
>autistic screeching at christian strawmen
does it get better
>>
>>9424857
Yes, it does. The philosophy-referencing opening is a bit cliche.
>>
>>9424857
Yeah. He has these corny quotes throughout but not as much as in the introduction. The sex chapter is my favorite.
>>
>>9424716
a normie become paraplegic: the book.
i hope it gets better.
>>
>>9424973
it doesn't, spoiler; he dies
it's a good motivational piece if you aren't depressed
but if you're depressed, this bitch is just going to sink you into a rut so deep you'll probably also want to imitate him
>>
>Imagine trying to shove a sock full of potatoes through an asteroid-sized hole in a beach umbrella. That's how hard it is for me to reach for a carton of milk in the supermarket freezer. You can't deny this. People have told me that someday I will be better at picking up milk. There has never been a more wrong sentence uttered, and if you weighed its wrongness on a divine scale that is able to quantify the exact weight of wrongness, it would weigh 56 pounds. This is absurdly true, and if you deny it I will use actually have you committed you to an asylum. As Wittgenstein said, "If I see another one of these nonsense-spewing pseudophilosophers quote me out of context again, I am going to slap the fuck out of him harder than that bitch in my math class." While being surrounded by ignorantly positive people, I always found Wittgenstein's harsh truths to be a great release.
>Anyways, so there I was dry heaving as my cock lay in a seeping puddle of fudgy diarrhea...

the little details about his life are interesting but his personality is pretty obnoxious desu
>>
>>9424985
I have depression and this shit was actually pretty motivating.
>>
>>9424716
If he was paralyzed how did he kill himself?
>>
nah
>>
>>9424985
calm down. is just him being honest.about his condition. it´s not that Deep unto depression. come on. everytime he talks about his life before the accident i want to punch him gently.
>>
>>9425089
he could still use his arms. he jumped off a bridge
>>
>>9425005
fuck off. The worst pain you've ever had has probably been a sprained ankle or something that's resolved within a few weeks
>>
>>9424716
May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of body and mind, obtain an ocean of happiness and joy.
>>
>>9425134
According to his narrative, he deliberately caused himself to bleed out, rather than jumping off a bridge. However, I haven't managed to find corroboration of his precise cause of death. Everything else in his writing checks out with evidence elsewhere, though.
>>
sounds like a good way to die desu.
The nice thing about bleeding out is that you can feel yourself go. You have some time to process it before you sink into the void. Something instant like a gunshot or jumping off a bridge doesn't give you any time to really look your own death in the face.

Too bad this guy was a nihilist edgelord, I think a genuine religious experience would have given him a lot of peace.
>>
>>9425154
Well said
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.