[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

His idea of "Read and write every second that you are awake

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

His idea of "Read and write every second that you are awake if you want to be a writer." is real? Can someone who started late become become great? Can someone become great with a lot less work?
>>
Everyone on /lit/ is so egotistical and obsessed with "being great." None of you actually just like writing.
>>
>>9423669
This. Stop treating writing like a competition, especially considering that literature is dead and nobody gives a shit even if you write the next Divine Comedy. If you have something to say, put it on the page, read it, become disgusted with yourself, throw it in a garbage bin and begin again. Loop in this cycle until satisfied. With luck, you will die happy knowing that you told something interesting to the uncaring void.
>>
Amen. We have no influence on wether our work will be considered "great" anyway. we a victims of the critics and masses.
>>
>>9423669
>>9423694

>Gore Vidal once said very wisely that the reason there are no good novels in AMerica is that everybody wants to write great one
>>
>>9423669
fucking THIS. 99% of people on /lit/ who want to write do it to stroke their own ego and try to feel more superior to others, which is an even more disgusting display of insecurity and absent-mindedness than the "normies" who they're constantly shitting on
>>
Thanks for all the worthless answers.
>>
File: IMG_7958.jpg (169KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7958.jpg
169KB, 1600x800px
>>9423871
And that is why you fail.
>>
>>9423669
this is honestly the best piece of advice you will ever read on /lit/ and probably 4chan as a whole
>>
>>9423669
I kind of do enjoy writing, but I'm ridiculously insecure about it because I just churn out a big stream of consciousness thing, which is quite easy to do - and thus I'm certain that what I'm doing is deviantart tier.
So I kind of hover around trying to figure out how to do it properly, officially so that I'll one day make something good enough to show others but subconsciously to abstain from the cringe that comes when I re-read something I wrote earlier.
>>
>>9423643
Nah, you're fine, just keep browsing and shitposting here and I'm sure you'll accidentally a writer soon enough.
>>
>>9425519
There is no proper. If you have something to say just try to say it until it sounds right.
>>
>>9423643
>Can someone who started late become become great?

What do you mean by great though? Contemporary popularity, or remember for hundreds of years?

Because the former can happen if you work a lot at it, the latter requires talent as well as hard work.

I mean, Murakami didn't start writing until he was 29 and while he's probably not going to be remembered in 400 years, he's pretty famous nonetheless.
>>
Just add child sex scenes to your books. That should do the trick.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.