[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know they aren't the highest of /lit/ but are these books

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot 2017-04-24 12.17.41.png (735KB, 479x717px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot 2017-04-24 12.17.41.png
735KB, 479x717px
I know they aren't the highest of /lit/ but are these books any good? I always liked the idea of the games but I just don't like video games as a medium. So I figure maybe these are good?

Thoughts?
>>
They're terrible once the novelty of the main character wears off. Meh.
>>
Games have better writing. Especially third. Books are just wish fulfillment with unexplored themes CD Projekt picked up on and developed.
Just play on easy
>>
sure why not. the game designers got some architectural award for the main town.
>>
Just read the two short story collections, they're okay.
>>
>>9422685
>Just play on easy
I'm a /v/ fag and this upsets me for some reason. I completely understand your intent since OP doesn't like videogames but I feel like it's disrespectful to the medium, kinda like not taking of your dirty shoes when entering someone else's house.
>>
>>9424496
It's not a fucking puzzle game, you just mindlessly collect shit, fall off a horse, and enemies have hgiher health. There is no point to a difficulty setting in those games.
>>
>>9424538
Eh, the massive amounts of enemy damage and HP basically force you to constantly maintain your equipment, use potions/bombs/signs properly, and dodge like a madman which is basically how Geralt fights in the books, so it does feel right on max difficulty.
>>
>>9424538

Don't know about the first game, but the second had so damn bad gameplay, I just installed an immortality mod and ran through the story.

But if you're playing W3 at anything other than the highest difficulty, you're doing it wrong. Reading up on the enemy's weaknesses, brewing potions, using oils, enhancing weapons and selecting your signs before engaging in a beautiful dance of death, you don't get much closer to being a witcher.

As for the books,
>>9424489
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.