[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the point of appreciating this planet and our time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

File: ITuli1t.jpg (198KB, 1175x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ITuli1t.jpg
198KB, 1175x1200px
What's the point of appreciating this planet and our time on it if all memory of it is going to be wiped away when we die?
>>
Why do you have to remember something for it to worth experiencing? You've probably already forgotten most of the good times you ever had, if you've had very many.
>>
>>9420172
this, basically. barring some ideological safeguard, you can basically break anything down to meaninglessness. and yet these things hold meaning to us while we are experiencing them just the same. there's no sense in overintellectualizing it—just roll with it.
>>
What the fuck else am I going to do? Sit and mope like satire and french new wave. Nah, nah.
>>
File: IMG_0095.jpg (55KB, 610x458px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
55KB, 610x458px
does there have to be a point to enjoy crazy shit? i used to climb around in an apartment complex that didn't seem to have anyone living in it. in retrospect, there just weren't any kids in the entire place. about three hundred or so tenants at least, but not one kid, not one friend.
my point is, you make your own point or live without one. memories of yourself after you die are even more selfish and silly than demanding a point to life while you're living it.
>>
File: rH7gBZ2.gif (88KB, 457x402px) Image search: [Google]
rH7gBZ2.gif
88KB, 457x402px
>>9420163
Who are you to say all memory is wiped away when you die? No one knows what happens to your consciousness when you die.

It's just as likely that you'll awaken as some intergalactic sea turtle who was just taking a nap and dreamed of your life.
>>
>>9420163
What's the point of not enjoying life?
>>
File: 1470211674154.jpg (204KB, 806x709px) Image search: [Google]
1470211674154.jpg
204KB, 806x709px
What's the point of doing cocaine if it wears off and then makes you feel like pure hell until you choke down a few bong rips and fall asleep?
>>
File: stirner8.jpg (63KB, 1002x750px) Image search: [Google]
stirner8.jpg
63KB, 1002x750px
>the point
>>
>>9420163
I think depression is directly related to Nihilism. I know it is for me.
>>
>>9420273
they're related insofar as they both stem from angst. some Greek philosophy would do you good (no, I'm not memeing. read some plato.)
>>
>>9420163
Anon, let me be the first to say that you dont know anything. You, with your collection of a hundred thousand sounds or so by which to give the world meaning or rob it thereof, have no fucking clue what is going on and whether there is any point.

And there's also the possibility that you believe everything to be meaningless to make up for your sociopathic inability to connect with anything at the level of which you desire.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.