[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your favourite primary sources re: [especially 20th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: ClausewitzStamp1.jpg (29KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
ClausewitzStamp1.jpg
29KB, 300x375px
What are your favourite primary sources re: [especially 20th century] military campaigns? The best accounts from all sides, tour diaries and the like

Particularly interesting/underrepresented campaigns (i.e. Rhodesia) especially encouraged
>>
>>9419910

Reddit, you all are actually getting unironically boring. This is absurd. Most of us live a post-ironic life so you all don't have any material to fuck with, leaving you with "hurr durr loner". This invariably falls short of your expectations because its simply inconceivable to you that a person would live an ascetic literary lifestyle.

You all are unoriginal and your insults are boring and ineffective, that is why you are unsuccessful.
>>
File: download.jpg (7KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 225x225px
>>9419962
t-thanks for the bump?
>>
>>9419910
St Helena memorial

>Napoleon's Memoirs on life and battles
>>
>>9419976

Well lets be honest you wouldn't have left anyway but thanks for reminding me to sage your shitty thread this time.
>>
File: chernyshevsky-nicholas.jpg (12KB, 200x276px) Image search: [Google]
chernyshevsky-nicholas.jpg
12KB, 200x276px
>>9419980
fake and gay
>>
Finished this one last week, it was pretty good. A bit repetitive, but a nice story. I'm pretty sure Junger was slightly autistic or something, his total lack of fear of death is incredible.
>>
>>9420174
He did have that one bit early on where he totally lost his shit during some heavy shelling and just fucking ran for it.

But in general, yeah. It's amazing what humans can learn to deal with.
>>
>>9420185
That scene towards the end where he was counting up how many times he'd been shot, and estimated 14 different bullet holes in his body made me laugh.

Same with the story where he'd been shot in the lung, was being carried out of the trenches, his carrier got shot, was dragged out by someone else, who also got shot, then had to make a run for it despite having a hole in his lung.

There's what humans can deal with and there's Junger. He must have started thinking he was invincible after a while though, what he went through and kept going back to was insane.
>>
>>9420174
Anyone have a pdf of Storm of Steel? I can't find one
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.