[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw "u cannot know nuffin" is the only argument

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: 1492456381311.jpg (89KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
1492456381311.jpg
89KB, 500x484px
>tfw "u cannot know nuffin" is the only argument against the non existence of free will
>>
I mean, sure. You can't really know something metaphysical. You can't be conclusive about it. You can just guess.

>Is God real?
>When did reality begin?
>What came before that?
>Do we have free will?

Your guess is as good as mine.
>>
>>9419781
Poor Pepe. Is that beer or pee?
>>
>>9419804
>Do we have free will?
The science is leaning pretty heavily towards no.
>u cannot know nuffin
You can say this about literally anything.

If you throw a ball upwards will it return to you?
>u cannot know nuffin
>>
>>9419810
Beer doesn't come in plastic bottles my dude.
>>
>>9419815
>The science is leaning pretty heavily towards no.
Physical determinism does not disprove free will at the metaphysical level.

>u cannot know nuffin
You can say this about literally anything.

Sure, yeah. You cannot conclusively know anything, correct. You can make an educated guess. In the case of the ball example, the guess is very, very, very educated. It is not, however, conclusive.
>>
>>9419781
Says who? The only people who don't believe in free will are the people who don't even understand what the will is. You can't even talk about free-will if you don't understand such notions as final causes, forms, etc.

>>9419804
That's idiotic. Do you know the law of non-contradiction? Congratulations, you know something metaphysical.

>>9419815
What science is leaning towards no? >>9419894 is absolutely correct, physical determinism would not disprove freedom of a non-physical entity like the will.
>>
>>9419781
The nonexistence of free will is either not so bad, or a complete disaster, depending on whether or not God is real. If he's not real, then it's not so bad, because there is no operational difference between the two alternatives in day-to-day life. If he is, it is an absolute disaster and countless people were born only to suffer unimaginable torment for eternity.
>>
>>9419781
>>>/his/
get the fuck out

>>9419832
Truly you don't know shit about the hood
>>
File: wittgenstein.jpg (37KB, 388x600px) Image search: [Google]
wittgenstein.jpg
37KB, 388x600px
STOP PLAYING LANGUAGE GAMES
>>
why do i have such virulent hatred for peep posters?
>>
>do we have free will?
solid chance we don't

>does it matter if we don't?
nope, what are you gonna do, start allowing murder and rape and try to sit around passively doing nothing because the idea depresses you?
>>
File: 10761660.jpg (542KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
10761660.jpg
542KB, 3000x2000px
>>9419964
mate. Where did you find this pic? Is this the real Wittgenstein? I thought there no pics of him left besides the ones they showed me. Thanks mate.
>>
>>9419781
That's like saying "you can't not see"

What does a blind person see?
>>
>>9419925
>You can't even talk about free-will if you don't understand such notions as final causes, forms, etc.
haha you can't talk about the big spook without first laying the ground rules for the fundamental spooks
>>
>>9419781
Free from exactly what?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.