[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is he France's greatest living novelist? Is there any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0878.jpg (140KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0878.jpg
140KB, 600x402px
Is he France's greatest living novelist? Is there any other contemporary writer who deals with complex, relevant modern issues as well as he can?
>>
>>9417751
I've never read Hoolbeque, but he looks exactly like my mother.
>>
>>9417751
he's not that good
>>
>>9417911
I hope your father looks like Keanu Reeves or Justin Bieber, cuz otherwise your aesthetic potential seems grim.
>>
Not convinced he is actually alive desu
>>
>>9417751
Submission and Possibilities of an Island do well in capturing the zeitgeist and crisis of western society, wherein absolute small l liberalism is simply too weak to deal with competing forces, and the right is so abhorrent in its anti-intellectualism and prejudices as to not provide an answer to the everyman who lacks any reason to get up in the morning.

If you dont mind getting triggered, Paul Beatty's The Sellout is funny and somewhat iconoclastic Black Lit, Chirbes On the Edge illustrates the pathetic death of the european boomer population, and Ishiguro knocks it out of the park every book he writes, especially The Buried Giant as of late.
>>
I've been meaning to read him for a while now, where do I start?
>>
>>9417964
Submission
>>
>>9417964
"Atomised" if you want his best.
"Whatever" if you want his shortest yet still good.
>>
>>9417751
A writer who writes about politics is never a good writer.
>>
>>9417973
Dumbest post I've seen today.
>>
>>9417751
he's just a meme like any other writer praised by /lit/

very good, of course, but a meme
>>
>>9417979
I think you need to turn off the internet, if you just see memes everywhere
>>
>>9417949
I love Ishiguro more than most, but he doesn't always knock it out of the park. Nocturnes was meh, and When We Were Orphans was a misfire that even Kazuo admits didn't work.
>>
>>9417972
What's with the shit title translations in English?
>>
>France
>Greatest
Low hanging fruit.
>>
>>9418674
That's just britfags and their autism. Americans got The Elementary Particles as it should be.
>>
>>9417751
I refuse to believe so
>>
>>9417751
Roubaud, Toussaint, Enard, arguably
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.