[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Ivan Karamazov the most compelling literary character ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

Is Ivan Karamazov the most compelling literary character ever written? I find myself re-reading every appearance he makes
>>
Maybe for shit tier milennials like you. It's obvious Dostoyevsky was not on Ivan's side. Alyosha and Dmitri were the heroes. Ivan had a horrible end because he did not believe in God.
>>
>>9417996
I know the OP is bait but
>equates "compelling" with "vindicated by the author"
>>
>>9416049
I like both Alyosha and Mitya more, but Ivan's parts make for some of the most dense reading in TBK and he's still a sympathetic character. His broodiness and the clash of different perspectives going on in his mind make him an interesting persona, although I don't think I would like him as much if he wasn't a part of the incredibly refined web that Dostoyevsky spins in The Brothers Karamazov.
>>
>>9417996
not true, dosto himself said that the biggest question troughout his life was the existence of god, also he wrote the blasphamy parts much faster than the religious parts
>>
>>9417996
Thats because Dosto is the most spooked writer to ever live
Is Ok to have some spooks here and there but this guy was a tryhard
>>
File: 17285083[1].jpg (17KB, 460x288px) Image search: [Google]
17285083[1].jpg
17KB, 460x288px
No, Emma Woodhouse is
>>
File: Orson-Welles-Falstaff.jpg (161KB, 590x730px) Image search: [Google]
Orson-Welles-Falstaff.jpg
161KB, 590x730px
I nominate the noble and worthy Falstaff as the most compelling of characters.
>>
>>9418149
This whole concept of "vindication" by the author is stupid in the first place.
Dosto in particular was thankfully never one of those hypocritical moralfags that feel they have the right to pass judgement on others and always portrayed people as inherently good.
>>
>>9417996
Who cares who Dostoevsky sided with? Dmitri bored me to death. He was such a one-dimensional character. Even Smerdyakov is more compelling.
>>
>>9416049
I don't know enough to say he's the most compelling ever, but he's definitely up there for a lot of literary scholars.
>>
>>9416049
>alyosha is weak despite keeping to what is good and righteous in the face of unending hardship
fucking women are swear
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.