[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could anyone help me recall a short story I read some years ago?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 1474155151716.jpg (116KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1474155151716.jpg
116KB, 500x500px
Could anyone help me recall a short story I read some years ago? From what I remember its fairly well known. I'll try to recount the generality of the plot
>Open with scene of family in kitchen, discussing their upcoming picnic.
>Father is reading a newspaper and talking about how awful the world is, son and daughter are eating breakfast, mother is in the kitchen, grandma is just kind of there.
>Next they're driving. They eventually break down or are stopped by some men
>The men hold everyone hostage at gunpoint. This is where the bulk of the story is
>The men are gangsters or something. There's conversation between them and the family. The family is trying to bargain for their lives
>The leader of the men kills off the family members one by one
>The story ends.
I recall there being some mention of Florida and oranges quite often, maybe something to do with somewhere the grandmother went when she was younger? But that's all I've got.
Thanks in advance.
>>
>>9415254
i like how i rarely make threads because i actually care about how it would ruin the board and effect other users but you keep shitting them out left and right...i really appreciate that.
>>
>>9415291
So do you know the title of the short story I'm looking for?
>>
>>9415301
no I'm afraid not, good luck with that
>>
seems like this story might be HARD TO FIND hehe
>>
a good man is hard to find
>>
File: 1472589192108.gif (707KB, 480x595px) Image search: [Google]
1472589192108.gif
707KB, 480x595px
>>9415356
Thanks anyways.
>>9415360
Bless you anon
>>9415372
And you too.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.