[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was browsing a thrift store yesterday and I saw like twenty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Tarzan_at_the_earths_core.jpg (29KB, 270x390px) Image search: [Google]
Tarzan_at_the_earths_core.jpg
29KB, 270x390px
I was browsing a thrift store yesterday and I saw like twenty different Tarzan books. I didn't know the series ran for so long. Are they worth reading?
>>
The first one has some historical merit
The rest are garbage
Philip Jose Farmer wrote some hilarious pastiches of it
>>
Looks badass. Are they fun reads?
>>
They're mostly shit after the first one. The plots become ridiculous, unbelievable garbage. However, they are fun to read as cheap entertainment.

t. someone who has read most of them.
>>
What are the most essential Edgar Rice Burroughs novels?
>>
>>9413733
all the john carter books though they start to fall off after the third.
>>
>>9413727
>The plots become ridiculous, unbelievable garbage.
>as opposed to the basic premise of the character, which is quite sound and reasonable
>>
>>9413345
They are not part of the Great Western Canon

>>9413727
hmm
>>9413512
>Are they fun reads?
what a banal question indicative of a simple mind. I picture you a farmer chewing cud in his field staring listlessly at the sky
>>
>>9413817
Exactly. The premise is already absurd, but he takes it to incredible heights as the series progresses.
>>
>>9413828
>being so autistic and "puhtrishuhn" that you can't have fun occasionally
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.