[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is /lit/ the Lost Generation v.2? Will the /lit/ generation be

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 20170211_022315.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20170211_022315.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Is /lit/ the Lost Generation v.2?
Will the /lit/ generation be anything? Is it anything now?
Pic kinda related, it's a guy sleeping in -20°C
>>
/lit/ is talent less losers killing time on a forum dedicated to "literature" which is vague enough to become whatever the loser wants it to be, a patrician institution of written word and scientific knowledge, an aesthetic device to demonstrate sophistication, an escapist form of mental masturbation, or a combination of all these and more.

there is no deeper meaning here. even in this post into which I must now insert some self aware platitude about how I am either part of or immune to the condition I just described in order to ward off inevitable criticism.
>>
>>9406668
>using big words

As my guy say, no.
>>
Well, I plan on being a great writer. I think I'm on my way, too. I don't know about the rest of you fuckers.
>>
>>9408390
provide proof
>>
>the /lit/ generation
There is no /lit/ generation. There is no /lit/. This is a small fringe of a counter culture community obsessed with certain repetitive topics.

I was going to expound on this point further but I just read >>9406668 and that post already says pretty much everything you need to know. You're not important. You're not significant. You won't change the future. If you do, it will be in a context separate from /lit/. The only board with half a chance at having some sort of cultural impact right now is /pol/, make of that what you will.
>>
>>9408397
The proof is in his post. Anon only says that he "plans" and "thinks," not that he is.
>>
>>9408397
>>9408400
I've gotten a few short stories published, and I do write quite a bit. I won't link to any of the short stories because I'm nervous about being associated with 4chan so early in my career, but I am moving forward, or trying.
>>
>>9408409

Keep at it, anon. FWIW, I would only worry about being associated with 4chan if you're aiming for an academic life. Once you get out of academic circles, people care less about whether or not you have browsed/posted in 'the internet hate machine.'
>>
>>9408409
>BREAKING: BESTSELLER novelist REVEALED to have ties with the HACKER known as 4CHAN
>>
desu the average shitposter here seems wittier and more intelligent than the majority of people i meet

either i'm delusional in the same way as you all or you guys are smart on the whole
>>
>>9408636
we
re

just

pretending
>>
>>9406647
I posted an essay a while back making the case that millennials are the new lost generation. It was fairly convincing. I'll see if I can find it
>>
>>9409213
ah it was deleted it looks like.
>>
File: 1457217925768.jpg (145KB, 807x605px) Image search: [Google]
1457217925768.jpg
145KB, 807x605px
>>9409224
the lost essay of the lost generation on the new lost generation
>>
>>9409213
Don't you keep backup copies?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.