[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you balance a family life with writing? I have a 3 year

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 34012045591_b373cf61dc_b.jpg (452KB, 1024x646px) Image search: [Google]
34012045591_b373cf61dc_b.jpg
452KB, 1024x646px
How do you balance a family life with writing? I have a 3 year old daughter and my wife is constantly complaining about me wasting my life pretending I'm some kind of Hemingway. My output is very low, and after work when I try to write I just get a headache and all my ideas are gone. Recently, I went on a 2 week holiday without my family, and I churned out 11,000 words--more than it took me 6 months to write living at home. Is family just incompatible with producing novels? Is there a better way?
>>
Your wife is a cunt. Dump her and get minimal visitation rights with the little shit.
>>
>>9406368
Tell your wife to STFU and support your dreams. Tell her the sooner she backs off and let's you finish what you're doing the sooner you can be more present with the family. Your vacation anecdote should be adequate proof.
>>
>>9406368
>Complaining about wasting your life pretending to be hemingway
Absolutely Savage. Even your wife know that your writing is very simple and shallow.

Family isn't incompatible with producing novels, but adding that on-top of being a wageslave really drains all of the time that could be spent on studying and practicing.
>>
>>9406368
The answer is obvious: get rid of the family.
>>
>>9406368
>2 week holiday without my family
Really? Do people actually do this? Why do you want a family then?
>>
>>9406382
Sometimes you really need a few days away from your family to not go insane. Cabin fever will take the best of us. 2 weeks is a bit extreme, though. I'd definitely be very upset if I were his wife.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.