[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

where's the Aristotelian golden mean between faithfulness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Unsorted:V 32.jpg (229KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Unsorted:V 32.jpg
229KB, 1920x1080px
where's the Aristotelian golden mean between faithfulness and unfaithfulness, or honesty and dishonesty?

Ultimate final boss: Whats the golden mean between being ethical or not

whats the golden mean between using the golden mean and not using it
>>
>>9404501
I dunno, ask the phroneises
>>
>>9404501
His ethnics are nonsense
>>
>>9404515
not an argument
>>
Faith is a theological virtue dummy not a moral one and thus not subject to the measure of reason and does not consist of a mean.

Truthfulness or honesty is a special virtue and a part of Justice and thus considered a moral virtue. Being such it conforms to the measure of reason and consists of a mean. The mean lies in telling the truth with proper respect to reason. Making truthful statements are not in themselves virtuous actions. For the act of truth telling to be virtuous it must be reasonable in relation to the circumstances of the action. Truth telling is not always virtuous. For example boasting about your accomplishments without due cause, though they may be true is not virtuous. Lying on the other hand is always wrong. The mean of truth telling lies between never telling the truth even when your circumstance demands it and always telling the truth regardless of your circumstance.

Ethical or moral behavior should be regarded as synonymous with behavior conforming to the moral virtues. Thus being ethical is not a moral virtue but moral virtue itself. Moral virtue itself is not susceptible to the laws governing its constituent parts.

The golden mean for applying the golden mean is that it should only be applied only to the moral virtues and not intellectual or theological virtues or anything else.
>>
Be loyal towards loyal people. Don't trust people who already deceived you once.

Treat others as best you can then treat them as they treat you.

Ethics is a social contract. If someone starts to break it (stealing, lying, using violence), you can either ostracize or reciprocate.
>>
>>9404721
>>9404702
all wrong
>>
>>9404729
not an argument desu
>>
>>9404501
>faithfulness
Blind obedience and what could be called "bureaucracy". You do not live your life, you merely exist in theirs, and become a burden, despite the list of things you do for them.
>Honesty
Bluntness.
>>
>>9404845
I should probably add 'unnecessary' bluntness, as it is sometimes required, especially in times where people are enslaved by egotism and wrong kinds of fiction. Then there is the focus. Honesty is focused on a grand goal. Childish mockery is the most painful when it hits truths. "Your nose is big. You look like x."
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.