[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>your grandparents are trafficking you to their Norwegian

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1456188824552.jpg (122KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
1456188824552.jpg
122KB, 960x720px
>your grandparents are trafficking you to their Norwegian cabin
>the cabin has large windows to see out of, but you cannot escape
>you will subsist on a steady supply of soylent (slipped through the letter chute) and tap water
>if you dont complete a masterwork in 5 years, they're going to pimp out your boyhole to get a return on their investment
>you can only bring 5 books with you

What books do (You) bring, /lit/?
>>
>>9404023
Can I bring a JC as my muse?
>>
>>9404023
>>if you dont complete a masterwork in 5 years, they're going to pimp out your boyhole to get a return on their investment
What's the catch?
>>
>>9404023
That looks more like the Alps.
>>
>>9404023
finnegans wake
finnegans wake
finnegans wake
finnegans wake
finnegans wake
>>
>>9404023
moby dick, war and peace, gargantua and pantagruel. the recognitions, ulysses.
>>
>>9404023

These may seem like obvious choices, but this is what I did take when I spent 2 years on a tropical island, the only English speaker there:

Paradise Loft
Pickwick Papers
The Prelude
Shakespeare
Anatomy of Melancholy
>>
>>9404047
the knowledge that youre a worthless writer?
>>
I would bring

1. Shakespeare's entire works in a single volume
2. The bible
3. Tolstoys works in a single volume
4. The meme trilogy in a single volume
5. Le petite prince
>>
>>9404023
assuming no internet:

edith hamilton's greek mythology
gene wolfe's book of the new sun
jorge luis borges' labybrinths
tolstoy's war and peace
dostoevsky crime and punishment

between those five i could figure out a tale told in unreliable first person with borgesian metaphysical flourishes about time and identity, greek and christian allegory, swords and sorcery, and long and febrile passages of dialogue
>>
>>9404023
>annotated nrsv holy bible with apocrypha
>Borges' collected fiction
>The Waves by Woolf
>The Brothers Karamazov by Dostoyevsky
>In Search of Lost Time by Proust
>>
The top five NY bestsellers of the current period

In the span of five years the masses decide what a masterwork is. Also i'm a bad writer
>>
File: indiana jones.jpg (151KB, 720x352px) Image search: [Google]
indiana jones.jpg
151KB, 720x352px
>>9404068
i think youd die before the end of five years
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.