[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I avoid reacting emotionally when reading a book by an

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 1469561151591.jpg (47KB, 852x356px) Image search: [Google]
1469561151591.jpg
47KB, 852x356px
How do I avoid reacting emotionally when reading a book by an author who so clearly displays their political leanings, which you strongly disagree with?

To put it another way: how do I undo what /pol/ did to my mind?
>>
File: 1468119621632.png (276KB, 796x934px) Image search: [Google]
1468119621632.png
276KB, 796x934px
You read more. And no, I'm not joking. Broaden your perspectives.
>>
>>9403434
try to imagine you are not the least flawed human to have lived. that often works.

most people believe what they do (including you) because they learnt that shit and it seemed reasonable given what they had to learn.

it's "obvious" to people now that people once thought the world flat.

just like it was "obvious" to the ancient mathematicians that you could plot the circumference of the globe and chart the movements and orbits of the planets using math, and both of those were slightly wrong.

though maybe the people who worked out the circumference of the globe before jesus became a thing were arguably slightly less wrong than the people who believe history led to them in a constant upward tick of knowledge, both are still wrong.

the dead mathematicians get less salty about it these days, but they too probably would have been salty bastards about you questioning them. at least as much as people who now believe humans thought the world was flat will get salty about people in the past not being as ignorant as their ass would like to think.

try to work out why they might think that beyond "they're a dick" because everyone's a fucking dick and that does nothing to work out how they came to any particular conclusion at all. they probably learnt something different and working out how that is somewhat right and somewhat wrong and how it became plausible is much more fruitful than trying to work out The Truth. there is no fucking truth, there's just random guesses and things that are fashionable or less fashionable guesses. we're never going to fully crack The Truth, and if we could, i'm reasonably sure we wouldn't fucking want to.
>>
>>9403467
I like your post anon, ty.
>>
>>9403434
Being unable to read opposing views is a poison that has caused nothing but tragedy throughout the centuries. Hypatia, Copernicus, etc etc.

I just read The Sellout by Beatty. It was funny, it was well written, and it was predicated on total falsehoods he supposes that if whites were removed from african american lives, academic and economic performance would skyrocket, which is of course bullshit as we have seen in self-segregated communities that are riddled with crime and unemployment. That said, I didnt get triggered and throw it across the room and stare warmly at my imitation iron cross, I finished the book, and processed the perspectives of the progressive left, of which beatty is somewhat a heretic, in that he is a social regressive (like most blacks) and finds parts of black culture disgusting anyways.
>>
>>9403434
You will never undo /pol/
>>
>>9403434
Just be able to entertain a thought and you'll be better than /lit/ and /pol/.
>>
you can't unsee the jews
>>
>>9404117
:'(
>>
>>9403434
Negative capability
>>
>>9403945
It became clear to me partway through that he had no idea where he was going with it, but that it would nonetheless be a fun ride.
>>
>>9403434
Can't unswallow that red pill. And why would you want to anyway?
>>
File: image.jpg (76KB, 606x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76KB, 606x445px
How do I avoid reacting emotionally when reading a book by an author who so clearly displays their white male heritage, which you strongly want to eradicate?

This is what you sound like.
>>
>>9405497
But white and male heritage is obviously superior so that's not really what he sounds like.
>>
>how do I undo what /pol/ did to my mind?

I was at this chat of /pol/tards for a few weeks, just sort of chatting with them and reading their stuff. It was interesting until I had a day off work and logged in. It was the same people who are always there. I realized they don't have jobs or families to log out and go to. Instead, they're just there 24/7 talking about how superior they are and how everything wrong with their lives is someone else's (the jews') fault.

I haven't been back.

Forget MAGA, start with yourself first.
>>
>>9405538
But "MYGA" isn't as catchy.
>>
>>9403434
Read Stirner.
>>
>>9403434
That doesn't go away. Humans always react negatively to other belief systems because they threaten psychological and social stability.
>>
>>9403434
You'll never get rid of /pol/, unless you are the new batch. I mean, even /pol/ couldn't have you renounce 'the average/the masses/the most' way of thinking, the narrative cancer of equality and democracy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.