[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I permanently stop reading at the snails pace of my inner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1491775816594.jpg (40KB, 600x657px) Image search: [Google]
1491775816594.jpg
40KB, 600x657px
How do I permanently stop reading at the snails pace of my inner voice? Every time I think I got rid of it it slips back on eventually. Frustrates the shit out of me.
>>
with hegel there's no other choice than speedreading or one gets confused, so thats where i would train it.
>>
Stop thinking about it you fucking idiot, of course it will never go away if you keep thinking about it and starting shitty threads about stuff you could totally figure out by yourself or using Google if you are THAT retarded. Here is my tip, when you start reading, get into every single word, try to imagine all the posible meaning and images that every word could imply. That why you will start diving deeper and deeper into the book and you will start reading at the perfect speed and at the same time comprehend what you are reading. Thank me later, brainlet.
>>
>>9403081
Sounds like solid advice, I'll give it a go
thanks manlet
>>
Ignore this shitty anti-advice OP : >>9403081

I have the same issue to a degree, although I have it under reasonable control. It's not an entirely bad thing. It's certainly better than naturally reading quickly with shallow comprehension.

My own speed increased along with the amount of time I spend reading. This was a slow but meaningful development. There are tricks that will increase reading speed, but they are all to the detriment of comprehension and retention.

So, my advice to you is not how to read quickly— there are numerous ways to achieve this— but to be careful not to trade what is good about the way you read for some fucking magic beans.
>>
use your finger to guide the speed of the words you're reading. can lead to loss of subvocalization and rhythm though if you try to force it too much, and that's not the best if you're reading literary shit because often the sound and pacing matters.
>>
>>9403005
>>9403005
I use audiobooks playing at double speed to replace my subvocals
Fahrenheit 451 read by Ray himself was BOAT
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.