[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Post a book only you have read with the secret aim of ferreting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

Post a book only you have read with the secret aim of ferreting out an anon who you can chat to about said book.
>>
Tales of the Early Franks by Thierry. The Memoirs of Philippe de Commines. Earthwalk by Slater. Origins by Zerzan. The Agony of the American Left by Lasch. Aleister Crowley and the Hidden God by Grant. I could go on and on...
>>
>>9402059

Is this by the guy who hates Napoleon op? And is royalty. Or is that a similar book.
>>
>>9402340
I guess it's him but I haven't read his one about Napoleon. The Radetzky March is about the decline of an Austro-Hungarian noble family and the Empire in general.
>>
>>9402059
Come back in a few months and I'll have read it.
>>
I recently read the radetzky march
>>
The Death Ship by B. Traven

I really think it should be added to one of /lit/'s patrician lists.
>>
>>9402790
Ooh, is it as good as Treasure of the Sierra Madre?
>>
Masters of Atlantis and Dog of the South by Portis.
>>
the eurantria book
>>
>>9403247
I've read some of the Urantia Book, if that's what you meant. It's impressive for its size and consistency of style, but poor theologically/spiritually. It seems like a well funded attempt to launch a profitable cult that failed.
>>
>>9403279
Yes, that's it. I vaguely remember reading it in high school and thought it profound.

I liked the spirituality aspects. What didn't you enjoy?
>>
>>9402059
Wait a sec, are you saying you read that book just because you saw some anon mention it and you wanted to share some one-one-one intimacy with said anon? If so, that's really cute.

Haven't ever had that happen to me, but I think the inverse sorta happened to me. posted a stack containing Imagined Communities about a year ago and someone said to me something to the effect of "please read Imagined Communities so I won't be the only one here who's read it". Still haven't read it yet, sorry if you're reading this.
>>
>>9403299
It reads like an attempt to revive the New Thought movement, which like all Judeo-Christian traditions, are now long spiritually dead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.