[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone else hate novels set in modern times? I just can't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Anyone else hate novels set in modern times?

I just can't stand them, plus most modern novels have no quality or poetry.
>>
>>9401687
>Anyone else hate novels set in modern times?
Yes, I feel like there is a great chance of falling into the Murakami trap, where modernity feels listless and boring, and the concerns of the protagonists are far less than that of other periods, resulting in a whiny protagonist. even houellebecq falls into this trap.

>most modern novels have no quality or poetry
strongly disagree, you just have to find several vectors of interest and critique when creating a "to-read" list.
>>
File: h.jpg (48KB, 421x600px) Image search: [Google]
h.jpg
48KB, 421x600px
welcome to the end of art.
>>
The problem is in your escapistic tendencies and immaturity. You replaced Hogwarts and Tolkien's Arda with the Greek mythology and premodern ages, but beneath the shift in surface style you are still a child that doesn't dare to look at and confront this real modern world and itself as a person within it. You are still stuck in some idealized Neverland.
>>
>writing about the present is too boring
>writing about the past requires too much research

This is how every sci-fi/fantasy writer is born.
>>
>>9401687
Born in le wrong generation bump

>>9401849
This guy hit the nail right on the head.
>>
I'm becoming a luddite more and more as I use technology.

I'm just so close to running away into the woods like the crazy conspiracy theorist poster on here now
>>
>>9401740
*commercial art
>>
>>9403178
gonna build your hut with your own hands and only with what you find in the forest?
>>
>>9403224
yeah, actually. Worked construction for 5 years. I'm not too shabby
>>
>>9401687
>>9401874

I can't stand horror novels set in any time period other than the present. For horror to work it has to be realistic and relatable.
>>
>>9403178
>I'm becoming a luddite more and more as I use technology.
that's just called breaking shit, ned
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.