[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WTF was Gunther's problem? >Siegfried, help me beat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: Nibelungenlied.jpg (46KB, 329x500px) Image search: [Google]
Nibelungenlied.jpg
46KB, 329x500px
WTF was Gunther's problem?

>Siegfried, help me beat Brunhild in the feats of strength! I'll let you marry my sister Kriemhild.
>Siegfried, help me rape Brunhild on my wedding night.

I don't know why Hagen even feels the need to protect Gunther's honor by killing Siegfried. It must suck being vassal to such a worthless cuck.
>>
What's your issue, exactly?
>>
>>9399876
Why is Gunther king? He's less competent than either Siegfried or Hagen. Good men die because Hagen doesn't have any business being in charge.
>>
>>9399922
What mechanism do you think was in place in those days for the change of leadership? With that knowledge, do you better understand why Gunther was king?

In simpler terms, how do you propose Gunther is replaced as king? What would this take?
>>
>>9400017
>how do you propose Gunther is replaced as king?
It's obvious.

Feats of strength.
>>
>>9400022
Those digits confirm.
>>
>>9400022
Actually becoming king entails more than feats of strength, even in proto-Germanic fiction.

Lay it out for me, how you propose Gunther is replaced. Write me the story, and if you can I will explain why it is not sufficient. What is more likely is that in the course of the intellectual exercise you will answer your own question. I will not lead you around like Socrates, because I respect your potential and hope you find yourself capable.
>>
>>9399922
Gunther needs Hagen to do his dirty work.
>>
>>9400034
shut up cunt, I'm more intelligent than you, I'm not your equal let alone your inferior
>>
>>9400034

> Write me the story
> and if you can
> I will explain why it is not sufficient.

I really love the attitudes presented on this board
>>
>>9400077
- If you won't even try to support your claim, you don't warrant a response.
- If you try and fail, your response will be an analysis of what went wrong.
- If you can support your claim successfully, you don't need a critical response as it will speak for itself - praise might occur, but is merely a laurel and does not really contribute to the discussion.

This isn't an attitude problem, this is how a community discourse functions.

>>9400072
You don't need to be inferior to learn something. Get rid of the chip on your shoulder, or it will get in the way of your development.
>>
>>9401194
This. Engage with the ideas in an argument, or get lost.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.