[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to be a good person but I haven't made up my mind

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: epictetus.jpg (573KB, 905x1600px) Image search: [Google]
epictetus.jpg
573KB, 905x1600px
I want to be a good person but I haven't made up my mind up as to what that entails exactly.

What do you recommend I read to make up my mind on this?
>>
The Bible
The Summa
Augustine
>>
>>9399412
He said a good person, not a delusional bigot.
>>
>>9399418
Looks like you've got your own ideas already.

If you don't give any indication of your bent, don't act surprised when the recommendations aren't to your liking.
>>
File: ThroneofGod.jpg (209KB, 1008x806px) Image search: [Google]
ThroneofGod.jpg
209KB, 1008x806px
Do you want to be a philosophocal man or a theological man? Read the biable. Accept the atoning work of Christ's sacrifice through faith and grace. Let the Holy Spirit guide you into all truth. With theology you get ethics. However, you get what matters more: the appeal to the trancendant.
>>
>>9399412
>'I want to be a good person'
>refers to three religious works from a very specific religion, equating it with the essence of morality

stay delusional catholics. And I'm not even atheist.
>>
>>9399963
>not catholic or atheist
You aren't a Protestant, are you? The most plebian tastes of all.
>>
File: 3rxbvhy2jc9y.png (324KB, 560x366px) Image search: [Google]
3rxbvhy2jc9y.png
324KB, 560x366px
>>9399975
I guess the Protestant redpill is just too much for some people to handle.
>>
The Iliad.
>>
>>9399982
Plebian tastes are the opposite of being too much to handle. Protestantism has some good qualities, but it's certainly nothing special.
>>
File: Bread Pill.png (548KB, 640x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Bread Pill.png
548KB, 640x1000px
>>9398820
It's time to take the bread pill anon.
>>
File: Christian Literature.png (405KB, 750x948px) Image search: [Google]
Christian Literature.png
405KB, 750x948px
>>
>>9400001
Quads of truth.
>>
>>9398820
Read some philosophy of morality
>>
>>9398820

>I want to be a good person
>posts Epictetus
>has clearly never read anything said by Epictetus

Why don't you start by adopting some ideals instead of being a greedy hedonistic pos.
>>
Modesty is virtue
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.