[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Hamlet the first Anime protagonist? He's angsty as fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6427.jpg (22KB, 271x186px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6427.jpg
22KB, 271x186px
Was Hamlet the first Anime protagonist? He's angsty as fuck and has sexual tension with his mom. From my reading he's very CRAWWWWWWWLLLLLING IIIIIIN MY SKIIIIIIN type character
>>
>>9398561
Your brain has been destoyed by this place.

Fuck off back to /r9k/
>>
>>9398561
Hamlet is Shakespeare's funniest play tbqh, his rant against Ophelia was pure gold
>>
>>9398561
In a very basic sense sure but that's a very limited view of the character
>>
>>9398568
>implying Hamlet wasn't a bot
>>
>>9398561
Anime characters don't have the mad rhetorical skill of Hamlet though
>>
>>9398561
Take a timeout for this embarrassing shitpost, anon.
>>
>>9398561
I would give it to either Theseus or Hercules. Theseus as the Goku type. Man decides to walk to Athens when he comes to age because taking a ship is "too safe". Along the way he white knights everyone.

Then there's Herc, who is the embodiment of retard strength. Flying off the handle, killing his family, angsting about everything, and constantly requesting tasks for penance, or imposing them on himself.

There's a reason people tell you to start with the greeks. They're the proto-heroes.
>>
>>9398561
The thing that sets him apart is he's extremely self-aware.
>>
>>9398561
Nah that's coriolanus
>>
>ywn be in the front row of a performance of Titus Andronicus with all the peasant crowd shouting around you and get blood splattered all over you during the murder and rape scenes
>>
File: rawr.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rawr.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>9399314
tfw Titus was considered Shakespeare's greatest play.
>>
>>9398561
The thing is he isn't really a character. Lots of people like to paint him as this character with a really rich inner-subjectivity, but that's not true. He stretches out his mourning in a way typical of Baroque Trauerspiel. Character is very diminished in this genre of theater. It follows a Platonic structure, and it shouldn't be looked at as an example of classical tragedy.

People think he's this richly introspective character, but they just don't understand how Trauerspiel works. Time gets stretched out to let characters mourn their plight. Hamlet's "character" is pretty typical of a Baroque sovereign. He passes through all the stations (intruiguer, sovereign, tyrant, martyr). It's actually quite formulaic.

That's not to say that Hamlet isn't a great play. It truly is. It's just that a lot of people misunderstand it, and a lot of people omit parts of the play because they try to fit it in an aristotelian tragic structure, which misses the point of the play, which is partially to distance itself form classical tragedy.
>>
WHO'S THERE
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.